Custom mix of organic soil, how well will it work?

Hayron1088

Just transplanted some 30day old veg plants to 7gal fabric pots. Zkittlez, Lemon G(2),my own creation. I made my own mix of soil as follows: 2 bags of FFOF, 1 bag of perlite, 1 bag of FFHF, 1/2cup per pot of Kelp meal.

Here are some of my questions, I have the BAS Craft Blend for dry amendments instead of DrE. Was that wise? I should only have to amend maybe twice with the Craft Blend I’m pretty sure which is great. What else should I have with it? I’m not going to amend for Atleast another 2-3 weeks because I know OF is pre amended. I’m trying to go as “organic” as possible also. I’m also trying an organic CalMag that is in powder form. Hopefully that works out also. Plants are grown in a 4x4 with the Fc-E4800. Im flipping them to flower in two weeks also. Would love to get some more valuable info from you guys and gals!

Hmm no comment yet? I’m about to add some Myco Supreme to each pot also. Stupid me, wife just informed me that I also added homemade worm castings to my mix mentioned above. I hope all this is a sufficient mix that will carry my plants into flower

Hmm no comment yet? I’m about to add some Myco Supreme to each pot also. Stupid me, wife just informed me that I also added homemade worm castings to my mix mentioned above. I hope all this is a sufficient mix that will carry my plants into flower
Let’s get you some help. @Bill284
He’s the Canadian “Mix Master”! He spins soil like Puff Daddy spins rhymes.

NTH

Let’s get you some help. @Bill284
He’s the Canadian “Mix Master”! He spins soil like Puff Daddy spins rhymes.

NTH
Good morning @NTH hope you well my friend.
If you want a good soil I find the key is keeping the root zone alive.
Basic ingredients you want in a soil would be -
- Aged bark, bat guano, some coco coir, perlite, sphagnum peat moss, volcanic ash, worm castings.
That's a good start but I'd order a product called Bokashi from zon or your grow shop should have it.
This infuses your soil with fungi.
Then get insect frass , creates microbes.
And @DYNOMYCO , brilliant stuff.
Sprinkle it over your soil.
Then I usually spray it with kelp water but plain water will work.
Once it's damp Mix it well into the soil.
Then cover and let it cook.
Instantly your soil is alive.
Then put some in the pot aswell when you are potting the girls in the soil.
Check my Gorilla Glue clone thread, I have a pictorial in there how to use it in the pot.
One thing you didn't mention was nutrients.
@GeoFlora Nutrients goes great with this live soil.
I believe they are organic too but don't quote me on that. ;)
Happy growing.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Good morning @NTH hope you well my friend.
If you want a good soil I find the key is keeping the root zone alive.
Basic ingredients you want in a soil would be -
- Aged bark, bat guano, some coco coir, perlite, sphagnum peat moss, volcanic ash, worm castings.
That's a good start but I'd order a product called Bokashi from zon or your grow shop should have it.
This infuses your soil with fungi.
Then get insect frass , creates microbes.
And @DYNOMYCO , brilliant stuff.
Sprinkle it over your soil.
Then I usually spray it with kelp water but plain water will work.
Once it's damp Mix it well into the soil.
Then cover and let it cook.
Instantly your soil is alive.
Then put some in the pot aswell when you are potting the girls in the soil.
Check my Gorilla Glue clone thread, I have a pictorial in there how to use it in the pot.
One thing you didn't mention was nutrients.
@GeoFlora Nutrients goes great with this live soil.
I believe they are organic too but don't quote me on that. ;)
Happy growing.

Bill
Good Morning Bill, hope all is well with you! I mentioned above that I have build a soil craft blend dry amendment as a nutrient. I haven’t added any yet for one simple reason, FFOF has nutes as you know that will carry me for a couple weeks. Should I add it now?

Good Morning Bill, hope all is well with you! I mentioned above that I have build a soil craft blend dry amendment as a nutrient. I haven’t added any yet for one simple reason, FFOF has nutes as you know that will carry me for a couple weeks. Should I add it now?
Sorry :Namaste:
Yes mix it into the soil dampen it with water and mix well.
Cover with tarp and let sit in the sun as long as you can before you use it.
Keep mixing it every few days.
Keep it damp.
Let the soil break down.
It's good stuff and very beneficial for your plants.
Just make sure you follow the instructions for cups / cf.

Bill

Woke up to this on one of my Lemon G….. three leaves have it…. I’ve never had a pest problem so not sure what it is…

44351E80-9047-4909-B6EC-65EB2A60316F.jpeg

Woke up to this on one of my Lemon G….. three leaves have it…. I’ve never had a pest problem so not sure what it is…

44351E80-9047-4909-B6EC-65EB2A60316F.jpeg
Anything on the bottom, eggs , poop bugs , babies , dead ones little white bug's , little black bugs with long bodies ?
Looks like thirp damage!
Do you have any SNS or h202 , insecticidal soap , neem oil?

Bill

Just transplanted some 30day old veg plants to 7gal fabric pots. Zkittlez, Lemon G(2),my own creation. I made my own mix of soil as follows: 2 bags of FFOF, 1 bag of perlite, 1 bag of FFHF, 1/2cup per pot of Kelp meal.

Here are some of my questions, I have the BAS Craft Blend for dry amendments instead of DrE. Was that wise? I should only have to amend maybe twice with the Craft Blend I’m pretty sure which is great. What else should I have with it? I’m not going to amend for Atleast another 2-3 weeks because I know OF is pre amended. I’m trying to go as “organic” as possible also. I’m also trying an organic CalMag that is in powder form. Hopefully that works out also. Plants are grown in a 4x4 with the Fc-E4800. Im flipping them to flower in two weeks also. Would love to get some more valuable info from you guys and gals!
Cup of craft blend per pot - add more kelp say a cup along with the craft blend and mix a cup of ewc in with it add some mycos.

You dont need cal mag unless you see issues - with the craft blend its covered and the kelp meal as well just use more kelp/ewc

every 3 weeks top dress with kelp/ewc - 1 cup (1/2 cup each).

Cal mag not organic you dont need any extra Mg. Prolly need extra Ca but there should be enough in the craft blend and the kelp/ewc mix.

Can also make a tea with the kelp/ewc as a boost later on if you need to get in there and do something. It wont hurt.

Start thinking about making your own compost outside with kitchen scraps etc. Compost is KEY.

Back
Top Bottom