Oh god, problem as long as my growing experience

Martins G

420 Member
So heres my problem i cant correct. This is my second Autoflower grow.
My Autoflower seedling leaves keeps dying, they grow some 1-2 weeks and suddenly lower leaves are turning dry (as you can see in pictures).
Heres what i though was my mistake my last (and first) grow:
1) nute burn (nop, i didnt use any nutes at all for veg)
2) wrong ph (nop, i adjusted it as close as 6.5 possible)
3) overwatering or underwatering (i think nop, tried to water plants when buckets were light and top of soil dry)
4) spidermites (yep i got them, but i think i killed mites couse i havent seen any for a long time)
5) wrong soil (mybe, but now i got Biobizz Light Mix as base soil + i added an extra 25% perlite)
6) wrong air circulation (mybe, but i have 280m3/h extractor fan and air circulator fan inside tent and a little intake fan)
7) humidity (dont know, its around 40% or mybe less)
8) light burn, wind burn (mybe yes, but distance from plants to bulb are around 80cm and air circulation fan is not so strong and is not flowing directly to plants)

Summary of my 1st grow:
a) totally sh*tty yield i dont want to even tell
b) totaly hopeless feeling inside i cant help my unhappy plants
Theese were problems in my 1st grow and now its happening again. I will get this pain again if i will not call for help. Can you guys tell me wheres my problem? Theres my 2nd grow with the same problem:

Pictures:

K7_3073.JPG

K7_3079.JPG

Grow room:
*120x120x200cm Grow tent
*600w dual spectrum hps (using only 400w of power now)
*280m3/h extractor fan and air circulation fan inside, little intake fan + passive intake
*Biobizz light mix soil
*12liter buckets
*3 different strains with same problem

Thanks alot. Ask questions i will answer them

Re: Oh god, problem as long as my growing experience.

Hey Martins, I hope she perks up for you. :cheer:
I have zero Auto experience, but with that said, she looks a bit thin and hungry maybe...?
The posture is good, but she's eating her old growth, without any visible (to me, and from your pic) signs of distress.

How old from sprout, what is the temp? Have the leafs gone a paler green, and is the new growth yellow?

If you can put her near a 6500K cfl and take a pic, it will help with color rendition, and identification of the issue.

Lots of info is needed to get a real good idea of your grow environment.

How to Ask for Grow Support

REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR GROW SUPPORT

What Strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants?
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Size or Square Footage of Room?

This information is necessary for accurate support to be given.

And if possible, can you fill this out for the old grow, as well as fill out a second one for the new grow?
That will let us compare things apples to apples, and will help rule out things that are different between the grows, and focus on the similarities, as you have stated the problem appears to be the same as last time.

How far your light is away from using your 400w lights now? I recommend you probably reducing your hps to AT5 light. And it also possible that your light bulb is the reason why you burn your plants.

Great Point if you are misting your plants with fertilizer it could be causing the plants to dry out if the mix is to strong

Hey Martins, I hope she perks up for you. :cheer:
I have zero Auto experience, but with that said, she looks a bit thin and hungry maybe...?
The posture is good, but she's eating her old growth, without any visible (to me, and from your pic) signs of distress.

How old from sprout, what is the temp? Have the leafs gone a paler green, and is the new growth yellow?

If you can put her near a 6500K cfl and take a pic, it will help with color rendition, and identification of the issue.

What means hungry? I water her regullary (only phed water and root stimulator).
They are about 2 weeks (?) old. Temp is around 26 celsius.
I will do new pics with correct white balance later.

im so pissed off right now. That much i will start to buy from dealers again. I do it all following guys who knows the thing and still my plants dies without reason. I have read so many grow journals, did so much research but still grown 9 f*cking senseless plants. God just hates me

My last and final mention is that my water from tap is full of chemicals (i let it stay in buckets for 24-36 hours always before i water plants) and is not meant to be to water plants. Basicaly all my hopes to do some yield is gone.

number one rule , dont try too hard .
every one has to start some where , some are more lucky than others , me ive learned by my mistakes , i also got to know a few guys on here who helped, no point beating your self up , i bet you give the a little spray tonight with water or when light are off they will bounce back , its early days with them, try see what your real humidity is they love it being higher in veg
i am only growing a year my elf , feck sake last year i thought males just produced seeds automatic LOL ...i didnt know the pollinated females so there you go , ENJOY dont give up easy and get the basics right :)

Good luck and keep us posted ,

do you rly want to see my 'flowering' plant?
1g from 400w what a nice result.

btw. i almost copied all my first grow from another site's tutorial.
same nutes, same everything and still all f*cked up.

autos are not lovers of nutes , i ddint feed mine for 4 weeks and only a little when i did , they like a good wet dry cycle . i had problems with humidity and they slowed up but i got it where i want it now , im doing 3 strains check out my link below .
i think you need more humidity is very important in veg , you cant just guess it ,

get one of these

P10604372.JPG

just keep watering with ph plain water.. sometime the medium is too hot like ocean forest fox farm.. it will be ok..:)

Update. I think i found solution. One of my plants now progressed and is RLY RLY huge :D
So.
1) bad soil. YEAH never buy sh*tty 1 euro worth soils. EVER
2) never mist plants when theres light period soon (i think this was the main reason). and i think dont mist veg plants at all (even with pest control spray).
3) bugs. Spidermites, little flies etc. Just kill them.

1 of 4 plants went normal again. 3 ahead. but they are showing progress.

I can tell you that the right soil balance is everything, something I've learned the hard way too. Now i make sure it has limestone in it for ph buffering. That way, it doesn't go way out of whack and cause issues. I also don't believe in adding more Perlite to an already perlited mix, just because i think the mfg already has it measured out to where the plants have enough nutrients from what soil is left over after mixing in the perlite. To me, the more perlite equals less soil in your mix, which means less nutrients for the plant. Why bother growing in soil. That my opinion and some experience as I'm still trying to get through my first flowering. Hang in there, I did.

Back
Top Bottom