Old guy, new grower

Wow. Looks amazing. Yes I'm just feeding every second watering with the fish fertilizer. 5-1-1. I have read so many conflicting reports on fish fertilizer but it certainly greened them up fairly quickly and the seem to be growing fairly well.

:welcome:
Fellow old guy, new grower here. Your plants are weeks ahead of my little ones. I've made so many mistakes already and lost almost half the seedlings I started with. There is so much great information here and plenty of people who are happy to give advice. Good luck with the rest of your grow. You seem to be doing alright to me

Rib:Namaste:
Yes, so much to learn. Its a great little hobby. You can just hope all the effort turns out to some pretty good smoke. I have yet to lose any plants but because of the laws in Canada you only get 4 chances at it per season. Lol. The thing I learnt first was not to over water. A cheap moisture meter has helped with that. Also being a beginner i decided to buy the embedded soil and not really have to worry about nutes. I'm now just introduced a 5-1-1 fish fertilizer and have seen a good result. I'm really just trying to keep it simple and as in expensive as I can. I'm on Vancouver Island and have to worry about mold and mildew so I'm constructing a green house to put the plants in in the fall to keep the weather off them and hope it all works out. Good luck to you, hope it works out for you!

im back here from a hiatus at other forums...why? because of the positivity here. i agree with every thing admin said. i dont defloiate any more. been there done that

Well Welcome back! Thank you for your advice. I'm seeing the results first hand of both techniques. I have no to slow growth where I removed the leaves at the top of the plant, of course wanting to get the light down into the plant. And have good growth at the sites where I left the leaves. So point taken, leaves on means growth. This forum has been great and a guy like AdaminCo needs a pat on the back and an extra bud in his bag! Again thanks, enjoy the form and I hope your grows are successful.

yes the issue with prefertilized soils as i understand is that its too easy to give too much when adding to that. most newbies( like i was )water and fertilize too much
Its true. I had done a fair amount of research before I started and the one thing I noticed was a lot of newbies tend to over water. Which of course causes so many problems so i had gotten myself a moisture tester which helped a bunch. I now just can feel the weight of the pot and do the water to dry cycle. As far as nutes go I really wanted to keep it simple and just add water, especially being my first grow but realized the plants needed something as I was seeing a little yellowing of the leaves but wanted to keep it organic. Hence the Alaska fish fertilizer. I, after doing more research have found that people have mixed reviews but it seems to have helped my plants. The more I learn off this first one the more I will change with the next one. I just really hope I can get to harvest. My research now is looking at pest control. Touch wood I don't have any problems right now but the plants will be going outside to a green house in the next few weeks and that has me a little worried so I'm looking at some preventative bug control. I'm glad we have the time to be home during these crazy times with this virus it has allowed me lots of research time.

i was lucky to stumble on to some free powdered diatomaceous earth. it was apparently mislabled and they wanted rid of it, as is a carcinogenic substance. i keep some particulate masks around and wear them when dusting with the de
Oh wow, I have some of that. What do you do with that? Dust around the pot or??

Its true. I had done a fair amount of research before I started and the one thing I noticed was a lot of newbies tend to over water. Which of course causes so many problems so i had gotten myself a moisture tester which helped a bunch. I now just can feel the weight of the pot and do the water to dry cycle. As far as nutes go I really wanted to keep it simple and just add water, especially being my first grow but realized the plants needed something as I was seeing a little yellowing of the leaves but wanted to keep it organic. Hence the Alaska fish fertilizer. I, after doing more research have found that people have mixed reviews but it seems to have helped my plants. The more I learn off this first one the more I will change with the next one. I just really hope I can get to harvest. My research now is looking at pest control. Touch wood I don't have any problems right now but the plants will be going outside to a green house in the next few weeks and that has me a little worried so I'm looking at some preventative bug control. I'm glad we have the time to be home during these crazy times with this virus it has allowed me lots of research time.
Check out AgroMagen. The stuff is amazing! Smells good, food quality, and it simply just works. You won’t be disappointed.
I can’t stand Neem, and the others that I have researched have very harsh chemicals.
This stuff is like coconut milk.

Check out AgroMagen. The stuff is amazing! Smells good, food quality, and it simply just works. You won’t be disappointed.
I can’t stand Neem, and the others that I have researched have very harsh chemicals.
This stuff is like coconut milk.
Thank you, I will check it out.

Back
Top Bottom