Old Mate's Soil Kalashnikova Journal - 2014

oldm8cmoney

Preface

This is my first grow journal so I apologise in advance for any missing details or useless additional information. I am hoping for this journal to not only provide information on the cultivation of this strain to readers but to also help build my own knowledge through feed back from the community. My previous growing experience is almost non-existent but I do have a solid understanding of basic Cannabis cultivation.
A big thank you to Attitude Seedbank for not only providing me with these seeds, but for doing so reliably and in a way that causes minimum anxiety for customers.

This Journal will be a record documenting everything from germination of the seed to the final harvest and preparation of the bud. All advice, opinions, or any other form of feed back (both positive and negative) will be greatly appreciated.

17/10/2014

I have selected one feminized Kalashnikova seed (Green House Seed Co.) that I received in an order from Attitude Seed bank, and am ready to begin the germination process. To germinate the seed I am placing it between two wet cotton balls in a small bowl with approximately 5mm of water. I find putting the cotton in a small amount of water is a good way to prevent it from drying out, especially with older seeds that may take up to a week germinate.
After completing the above process I leave the germination bowl in a dark cupboard and wait for the seed to germinate.

18/10/2014

After waiting 24 hours I checked on my germinating seed. The seed was open with the tap root clearly visible. At this point I transferred the seed from my germination bowl to a small pot containing a standard potting mix that I found in my backyard (contents unknown). After planting the seed and making sure the soil was nice and moist I left the pot on my window sill. once the sapling is above the surface of the soil I intend to move it to my cupboard under a CFL Globe. (Cool daylight, 80w, 6500k, 5300lm)

I have en extractor fan but am not able to install it as my cupboard is built into the wall. Would there be any major negative effects of either growing without an extractor fan with the cupboard door closed to keep the light in, or instead leaving the cupboard door open and sacrificing the reflected light for better air circulation?

I do intend on building a grow room and installing the extractor fan when I have more funds, but that will unlikely be with in this plants life span.

Back
Top Bottom