One Million Up In Smoke

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
How do you destroy a million dollars worth of marijuana on a rainy day? Junior Carter knows. The Greene County Highway Department employee is responsible for burning two truckloads of bud confiscated Thursday.

"I was kind of looking forward to coming and doing it," Carter said.

The Greene County Sheriff's Department along with Tennessee Highway Patrol and Drug Task Force agents found the mairjuana in a field yesterday.

While Carter doused the 8,000-plus plants with diesel fuel, he could only imagine what drug dealers at home would think when he lit up the pile of pot.

"I'm sure they're mad," Carter said. "I am sure they're mad about it, but that's the best place for it right there."

For more than a decade, Carter has helped burn thousands of dollars worth of confiscated drugs, but never this much. Today that changed.

"There's a lot of money there, but it's no good money in my opinion," Carter said.

A crowd watched in awe as Carter with the help of some county inmates burned one heap of hash down. Sheriff Steve Burns hopes these images send a message.

"It doesn't pay to do this because we work it all the time, you might get by for awhile, but sooner or later, we're going to get you," Burns said.

By the time crews put out the flames, every last marijuana leaf will be gone. Investigators call this quite the bust, saying if all this weed had been harvested, packaged, and then sold in the Tri-Cities, it would have lasted in the drug market through the end of the year. Now, it wont make it through the weekend. This cache of cannibus now up in smoke should leave dealers low and police high.

Investigators arrested one man during this bust last night. They're still on the lookout for three others.

News Hawk- User https://www.420magazine.com
Source: TriCities.com
Copyright: 2007 Media General, Inc.
Website: One million dollars worth of marijuana goes up in smoke

Be nice lol, he is just doing his job. This just mean that growers need to be more stealthy with the grows. It truely is a waste but this is what happens when a grower or his crop get caught.

lol ok ok i was just making a point but still, i find it funny that he states "in my opinion" and then assumes that that entitles him to act on "his opinion":allgood:

Back
Top Bottom