Oops I snapped a large fan leaf!

DrTentgrow

Hello i had a little accident in my grow tent to stay whilst i was misting my plants i snapped of a large healthy fan leaf. How badly will this affect the plant I'm also worried because the open wound is now wet from when i misted before.

bl.JPG

It's not the end of the world. Clip the stem, if you haven't already, with a very sharp set of shears. When I removed a lot of fan leaves from my current grow, to allow more light down low, I started seeing new growth from the trim sites in two days. I'll bet the same happens with you.

Just snapped one of mine off by accident. It's sad! Seems she'll be okay.

Hey @GrowerGal ,

I was reading about this today since my dog liked the smell and chewed some of the fan leaves so I had to snip them off. I have found out that cutting shading leaves is not recommended although below leaves and stems get better light. Apparently cutting leaves stresses the plant which negatively affects growth and harvest.

Hopefully your (and mine) grow will not be affected heavily from these occasions.

Cheers,

Hey @GrowerGal ,

I was reading about this today since my dog liked the smell and chewed some of the fan leaves so I had to snip them off. I have found out that cutting shading leaves is not recommended although below leaves and stems get better light. Apparently cutting leaves stresses the plant which negatively affects growth and harvest.

Hopefully your (and mine) grow will not be affected heavily from these occasions.

Cheers,
Mine's supposedly a female too. I'll keep you posted if I can.

Back
Top Bottom