Oops - Stinky Coco Mix - Need help

elamigoverde

I mixed my own organic soil and I thinkI went way crazy on the blood meal and bat guano.

8 parts CoCo
2 parts worm castings
1 part guano
1 part blood meal
1 part rice hulls
1 part perlite
1part vermiculite

a few tbsps azomite

sprinkled in some Mychorr

Its 3 days later and smelling like musty towels. Stinking up my bedroom. I didnt "cook it" first. I mixed it, trasnplanted and watered.

I forgot to add dolomite to the mix so I have since top dressed with a little of it. Maybe that'll help.

Should I be worried or should I just allow it to dry out a bit and hope that the bacterial colonies form and get the smell under control?

please help,

Super Noob out

SAM_6078_zpsqkc9equ9.jpg

Anyone? Gotta be some info out there about this.

Thanks in advance

She (hopefully) looks pretty healthy. Its been almost a week since the transplant.

SAM_6103_zpszgbtmiwq.jpg

I don't really see anything you can do about it except to take it back out of the soil if it seems to be burning it. You might just have a grow that smells like moldy towels the whole time.

Thanks for the reply. I moved it outside to flush the soil with RO and the runoof came out black at first and then a deep dark red. All the blood meal, I'm sure.

Plant looks great still though. No burning and she has really healthy looking leaves. Its been over a week now. Fingers crossed

IMG_0317_zps0qqcprkg.jpg

Looks really healthy!

Hopefully all that water didn't dissolve all your nutrients. I bet its fine though.

Thanks!

I'm thinking it shouldn't have dissolved all the nutrients. I only ran about a gallon through it with a sprayer to distribute the water evenly. That is what all the local shops here in San Diego reccomended doing.

I put like 8 cups EWC, 4 cups of bloodmeal, and half pound of nitrogen guano to start with. I also water with half aquarium water/ half RO and use earthworm casting tea once a week

hoping that is plenty of nutes

Back
Top Bottom