Organic quiestion about fox farms bloom

Cona

Is this really organic> I was gonna add a small amount to my earthjuice catalist tea along with some budswell.

Big Bloom Liquid Plant Food (0.01-0.3-0.7)
Natural and Organic Blossom Builder
This is from their website. I just dont want anything that would kill the bennificial microbes in my tea...

This odorless, liquid fertilizer is a live culture of vitamins, amino acids, natural growth hormones, enzymes, and beneficial organic microbes. Our special, micro-brewed formula incorporates earthworm castings, bat guano and other high test organic ingredients that offer a full, balanced range of nutrients. Norwegian kelp improves nutrient uptake and increases yields. Rock phosphate helps transfer energy from one part of the plant to another, which means bigger buds and more fragrant flowers.

Cona

Cool...thats why I asked. Thanks. Its earthjuice catalyst, Happyfrog High P guano with microbes and fresh worm castings sourced locally from the farm. Makes a mighty frothy tea and the plants love it big time. I apply this to supersoil plants in the third week of flower. Rest of the time its water for the most part.

Thanks Captn

LOL, you can use it if you wish, won't hurt a thing.

Your micro herd isn't going to fall over dead because of a little FF added.

I've even used water from my hose and they are still alive and kicking.:oops:

Trust me, those micros in the soil just aren't THAT delicate, despite internet myth. Some of this really gets silly.

DD

Well then just have a good laugh and move along... very helpful really :/

The point is... meh, nevermind... I'm sure you are right and I am just caught up in "internet myth"

Thanks for clearing it up for me... peace out!

Perhaps I should have said internet exaggeration.

Of course, heavy applications of chemical based nutes or heavily chlorinated water can kill micro herds, no question.

But now, it seems it's evolved to the point that the slightest amount of chlorine will kill them, even though chlorine is a essential trace element and just the presence of a bottle of chem nutes in the general area will have the same effect.

A small amount of either is just not going to do that much, if any, damage.

It's a balance, not an either or situation.

I've been using chems (Jack's Classic, some Dyna-Gro), with 'naturally amended' mixes for years with good results. Usually the chems come into play only if I was light in adding some amendment or another. Usually the organic N source runs out and you need some for the couple of weeks+ till the top dressed organic stuff gets going and you use the Jack's.

Then again, this seldom happens more than once or twice/grow. I'm not constantly dumping the stuff on, or using heavy amounts. Again, Balance.

I wasn't laughing at you, more like laughing at the absolutes that this has evolved to.:peacetwo:

Also, IMO the general lack of micro herds in farming and such are less from the chemical nutes, than from all the pesticides/herbicides/fungicides that are applied. Super high P will kill the mycos for sure. But all that is another can of worms.

DD

I hear it. I did notice that the ff nutes that say natural & organic do work right away...like a chem nute would. Made me think it was chem. For the most part I would use it in week 3-4 of a 70 day grow just to combat early fade. I am worried more about not needing a huge flush near harvest time.

When do you all quit feeding sugars when approaching harvest time? Also do you all use sweet?

Cona Cona Cona!

DD... I agree 100% w/you on this. I know you to be a knowledgeable grower and I respect what you have to say here.
I actually went and looked harder at the FF products that are at least in part organic, you are right, they won't totally kill the herd, just give it a black eye... LOL
Also, I will gladly and freely admit that I know next to nothing about growing MJ, and even less about doing it organically... but I'm comin :cheer:

Perhaps I should have said internet exaggeration.

Of course, heavy applications of chemical based nutes or heavily chlorinated water can kill micro herds, no question.

But now, it seems it's evolved to the point that the slightest amount of chlorine will kill them, even though chlorine is a essential trace element and just the presence of a bottle of chem nutes in the general area will have the same effect.

A small amount of either is just not going to do that much, if any, damage.

It's a balance, not an either or situation.

I've been using chems (Jack's Classic, some Dyna-Gro), with 'naturally amended' mixes for years with good results. Usually the chems come into play only if I was light in adding some amendment or another. Usually the organic N source runs out and you need some for the couple of weeks+ till the top dressed organic stuff gets going and you use the Jack's.

Then again, this seldom happens more than once or twice/grow. I'm not constantly dumping the stuff on, or using heavy amounts. Again, Balance.

I wasn't laughing at you, more like laughing at the absolutes that this has evolved to.:peacetwo:

Also, IMO the general lack of micro herds in farming and such are less from the chemical nutes, than from all the pesticides/herbicides/fungicides that are applied. Super high P will kill the mycos for sure. But all that is another can of worms.

DD

As I stated above, I am finding I know very little about anything but... what I have done historically is to treat each plant based on need rather than a set time frame to start "flushing"
It is my understanding that w/organics, there really isn't any flushing in the typical sense of the term... you can't just flush out like w/chem/salts.
Sooooo... what I have done is to hit them w/H20 and blackstrap molasses for the last week, even though they are finishing up the life cycle, they still need supplements to stay in top notch shape.
I don't believe like some do that you need to starve a plant for the last 2 weeks or whatever... that is a lot of lost growth potential!

My opinion is, if you need to starve/flush the plant... maybe smaller doses to begin w/so it isn't so poluted... that's my take, nothing more or less! :Namaste:

I hear it. I did notice that the ff nutes that say natural & organic do work right away...like a chem nute would. Made me think it was chem. For the most part I would use it in week 3-4 of a 70 day grow just to combat early fade. I am worried more about not needing a huge flush near harvest time.

When do you all quit feeding sugars when approaching harvest time? Also do you all use sweet?

Cona Cona Cona!

Back
Top Bottom