Organic super soil + liquid nutes = ?

farmertango

420 Member
I have a grower friend and I’m baffled on what he does. He uses organic super soil in his 3 gallon pots, all super soil (not 1/3 or 1/2, all). He also gives Flora Trio liquid nutes 3 times per week at 1/2 strength. On top of all that, he uses a liquid bloom boost. He never has issues and grows 8oz plants(HPS). How does he not burn his plants to death?? What am I missing??

I have a grower friend and I’m baffled on what he does. He uses organic super soil in his 3 gallon pots, all super soil (not 1/3 or 1/2, all). He also gives Flora Trio liquid nutes 3 times per week at 1/2 strength. On top of all that, he uses a liquid bloom boost. He never has issues and grows 8oz plants(HPS). How does he not burn his plants to death?? What am I missing??
Hi @farmertango ! Your friend is basically feeding his plants with the synthetic nutes. His organic soil is right now nothing more than a high priced media to hold up his plants, but the organic feeding cycle is dead and the raw nutrients built into the supersoil will stay right there, unavailable and invisible to the plants. Your friend would do just as well in any soil with the same water retention and CEC ratings and is wasting a lot of money on supersoil he is not using. I would like to suggest that you ask him for that soil when he intends to replace it... and simply get some microbes to add in there and use 1/3 of it in the bottom of a container that will only need water from then on out. Your friend is missing out on some great organic grows.

Hi @farmertango ! Your friend is basically feeding his plants with the synthetic nutes. His organic soil is right now nothing more than a high priced media to hold up his plants, but the organic feeding cycle is dead and the raw nutrients built into the supersoil will stay right there, unavailable and invisible to the plants. Your friend would do just as well in any soil with the same water retention and CEC ratings and is wasting a lot of money on supersoil he is not using. I would like to suggest that you ask him for that soil when he intends to replace it... and simply get some microbes to add in there and use 1/3 of it in the bottom of a container that will only need water from then on out. Your friend is missing out on some great organic grows.
Ahhhaaa. Thanks Emilya!

We tried telling him....

Back
Top Bottom