Out of homegrown weed, looking at my one month old girls, wondering

sstressed

how tiny the crop would be if i flipped them into flower in a week or so. three viparspectra xs2000s. on 100% power. seedlings were put right into 3 gallon bags..

speed is of the essence in this grow. the quality of the high is secondary. it will be good enough.

using ocean forest with mega crop for fertilizer.

after using HIDs for so long, i see these tiny plants and wonder. i have been told not to expect nice tall plants like with HID lights. but these little buggers make me wonder if i'm missing something. i know i'd get deeper coverage with a larger light but here i am.

do these look about right for their age? lights too low or high? suggestions?

4 on the left are gelatos (420) . 34ish days in veg. description of the genetics say it's a compact genetic. the others are a week behind in veg. white widow and green crack . the gelatos were topped a few days ago. lights are about 20 - 22 inches above the tip top of the plants.
the very tight internodes are great compared to the HID grows.

i like to estimate low but i am still learning about the BIG difference in using HIDs vs LEDs and cant wrap my head around whaat these tiny things willl look like in 60ish days in flower. i actually like the high i got from budds cut from 30 to 50 days in flower and am planning on doing that again. don't laugh until you are out of buds. :)

1652321597803.jpeg

this is my 2nd LED grow. lights are at 100% . tent stays just a bit over 80 to 85 degrees f. it opens to the spare bedroom so doesn't get too hot. gelatos are 9ish inches tall.

i overwatered a bit but nothing crazy. germed in jiffy peat pellets (a first for me) , using ocean forest with extra perlight.

using mega crop for the first time. used full strength (1 tsp per gallon) for the first time as i noticed some of the leaves were yellowing at 1/2 strength . added a bit of nature's nectar nitrogen too (1 tsp per 2 gallon).

i'm flipping the coin. i'm leaning to rush into flower for reduced harvest . then germinate the next batch and shoot for a 2 month veg.

1 month veg 1.jpg

1 month veg 3.jpg

I think you can safely flip to flowering. After all, it's your decision on how big your plants get as well as how much they will yield.

how tiny the crop would be if i flipped them into flower in a week or so. three viparspectra xs2000s. on 100% power. seedlings were put right into 3 gallon bags..

speed is of the essence in this grow. the quality of the high is secondary. it will be good enough.

using ocean forest with mega crop for fertilizer.

after using HIDs for so long, i see these tiny plants and wonder. i have been told not to expect nice tall plants like with HID lights. but these little buggers make me wonder if i'm missing something. i know i'd get deeper coverage with a larger light but here i am.

do these look about right for their age? lights too low or high? suggestions?

4 on the left are gelatos (420) . 34ish days in veg. description of the genetics say it's a compact genetic. the others are a week behind in veg. white widow and green crack . the gelatos were topped a few days ago. lights are about 20 - 22 inches above the tip top of the plants.
the very tight internodes are great compared to the HID grows.

i like to estimate low but i am still learning about the BIG difference in using HIDs vs LEDs and cant wrap my head around whaat these tiny things willl look like in 60ish days in flower. i actually like the high i got from budds cut from 30 to 50 days in flower and am planning on doing that again. don't laugh until you are out of buds. :)

1652321597803.jpeg

this is my 2nd LED grow. lights are at 100% . tent stays just a bit over 80 to 85 degrees f. it opens to the spare bedroom so doesn't get too hot. gelatos are 9ish inches tall.

i overwatered a bit but nothing crazy. germed in jiffy peat pellets (a first for me) , using ocean forest with extra perlight.

using mega crop for the first time. used full strength (1 tsp per gallon) for the first time as i noticed some of the leaves were yellowing at 1/2 strength . added a bit of nature's nectar nitrogen too (1 tsp per 2 gallon).

i'm flipping the coin. i'm leaning to rush into flower for reduced harvest . then germinate the next batch and shoot for a 2 month veg.

1 month veg 1.jpg

1 month veg 3.jpg
Hey @sstressed hope you are well my friend.
Great garden.
I like to fill my pots with roots before flip but that's just my preference.
You most certainly can put your ladies into flower.
But But!!
I'd get a hold of your temps before flip.
80 f max for proper bud formation .
That's not all your girls look overwatered and very hungry.
The leaves are fat and droopy. :Namaste:
And the color is fading away.
Let your pots dry dry dry right the fek out.
Lifting is a good method to tell if the water is gone.
Then...
Feed full strength, dry, water, dry, feed, dry, water, dry repeat.......
All at 6.3 ph.
When they are sitting in the front row at church praying away then I'd flip.
Not a minute sooner.
Just my way of doing things.
There are lots of good methods that work.
Your doing well.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

might as well ask more questions here.

1654569336976.jpeg

2 weeks into flower. short but cute.

i'm wondering if i turned the lights down low or raised them higher during early veg, if i could get the girls to stretch into something taller??

these are five or six weeks of veg. very tight internodes but damn they're short.

1654569772612.jpeg

i think i might try to trim some of the fan leaves. it sounds retarded. i did push some fan leaves out of the way for a grow but didn't notice any thing of note.

i'm curious what kind of yield i'll get out of these little beauties. over 20 years growing and i still can't wait to see the dry weight.

1654570225682.jpeg

i'm using all new nutrients , learning the slow, hard way about LEDs, and finding my way around feminized seeds. i still think of them as abominations but less so than autos.

i gave them a bit too much N but that was on purpose. also used a bit of silica(?) and mega crops flowering nute. and some mollasses. molasses... moelassssessss,

oddly enough, i can't find my concentrate pen. i know it's close.

weed eh? :)

keeping the leaf temps from 78 to 82ish degrees with the lights on. lights on 75% power. 20ish inches above the tops. highest leaf temp is right in the middle of the 3 lights.

ill probably bend over the bits that stand above the rest, what we used to call crushing/breaking the hurd. i'll do a quick trim of the bottoms but leave the fan leaves. might bend a few but i'm leaving the rest.

my 4 legged dog is fast. he'll probably be faster if i cut off one of his legs!!
1654645733543.png

just scored 18 brothers grimm fem seeds for $100. i love their genetics and have purchesed both cindy and apollo genetics.

they're having a buy one get one free just in june. 9 seeds per packet. i'm so happy i found this deal. got his grimm glue. if i can round up another $100, i think i'll grab another genetic from them.

i got a bug zapper thing
1654820973893.png

lot's of fun hunting the fruit flies. word of caution, if you wave it over your plants, it will zapp the tips of the leaves like they were bugs. talk about stressing the girls.

i think i'm going to hang the lights higher/turn down the power quite a bit for the next crop to get them to stretch more in veg. the nodes are so tight,, they could be a few more inches apart without a problem.

i only vegged for 6 weeks at most and will go for 2 months but wwould love to go for 3 months veg to really see how to use the LEDs.

they are budding nicely. but so short.

just making a diary of this grow. they all need a good bottom trim. 18 days in flower. i'm a fruit lover so am alwys fighting the little buggers. they are mostly gone now. i just need to stop throwing away banana peels etc.

1654916646681.jpeg

1654916715768.jpeg

1654916799666.jpeg

i've been wondering about growing taller/larger plants. 2 month veg minimum next grow and i'm going to make the little buggers stretch if it's the last thing i do. i'm going to keep the lights turned down low. make the girls reach for that warming touch. maybe. :)

the lady in the youtube talks about having her xp1000 at 30%. her plants are as tall as i want them just before flower although hers look pretty weak. i have 3, xs2000s and 16 inches tall after the flowering stretch is too damned short!

im now the proud owner of three brothersgrimm genetics. grimm glue, killer queen and princess haze. i'm stoked. two of each for next grow. i am seriously thinking of cutting my current crop early. stupid early.

then again, i'm curious what the final weight of these shorties will be. i'm thinking less than 1/2 oz per plant. barely worth my time, effort and total investment. thank god for weed stores!

in my first grow under LEDs, i trimmed the popcorn at 33 days and noticed that they were sticky with trichs. this crop, day 33, not one trich in sight. nada.

both times there were genetics from 2 venders. i'm wondering if i've done something wrong or different. all were good quality seeds from respected breeders.

why would one crop be full of trichs at 33 days and the next crop,,anothing at 33 days? just remembered that i switchedd from fox farm ferts to mega crop and some additives.

all photo females. the first crop was vegged for 2 months, this crop was put into flower in week 5 for some and week 6 for others.

just remembered that my lights were at 100% last grow , this one, i'm checking leaf temp, keeping around 80 degrees but lights are turned down to 50 or 75% depending on leaf temp.

curiouser and curiouser

jun 24.jpg

i've decided to grow autos for the next couple of grows just to get some stash.

fuck it. i cranked all lights up to 100%. imma start a thread about the no trichs situation. i swear if i don't get a handle on these fucking LEDs, imma hook up the 600 mh/hps for one last ride. last crop under the 600 HIDs was 21 oz. due to me learning LEDs/screwing up/bad decisions and frustration, i've only grown 10 oz, in one crop since dec of 21. thank the weed gods for legal, overpriced , pot stores.

i now have over 80 quality photo seeds and have ordered over 40 autos and am drooling to buy more. poverty keeps that from happening. :(

my new goal is growing nothing but autos until my cupboard is so full i get nervous.

1656526319363.png

:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom