Leaving for a week at the end of June

I'mOne

I currently have several plants going and am planning a trip around then end of june.
I am not sure how to set these up to be maintenance free while I am gone.
I have five clones in the tent that have vegged about a month and was planning to flip them. I have eleven seedlings (5 pineapple thai and six Dancehall CBD) that are about a month old also. I had planned to take five out to a greenhouse. I was going to put the others under 12\12 in my ,',,grow closet,'
I have one bubba clone I'm wanting to make a momma plant.
I have three flowering Romulan grapefruit mom's I'm five weeks into flower or so.
Everything is in soil and appropriately sized pots and most are just recently transplanted. I use happy frog soil and mega crop except for a call mag now and then and a shot of big bloom from foxfarm at the end of bloom stage.
Any ideas?
@Emilya ?

... not sure how to set these up to be maintenance free while I am gone.
Welcome to the world of being a farmer. Not sure how we can help with suggestions until you tell us how long you will be gone.

If going away for 3-4 days then water everything like you are trying to super-saturate the soil. Double check and check one or two more times to make sure that all timers are functioning the way you want them too. That is what I did for a 4 day trip a couple years ago. Soil in the containers was starting to get dry and a couple of the plants in flower were starting to wilt but once they got water they bounced right back.

Hire a house sitter is my suggestion.

Bluemats work you gotta set them up at least a week before you leave and dial the system in. Its not all that easy tbh.

I went to AutoPots for this very reason. They work for a week.

Fist thing you gonna have is the first few days you "may" encounter a mild to severe case of separation anxiety.

I'm not joking either... the other anxiety I get is fire quickly followed by someone robbing me.

With the Covid thing we haven't really left the house for 400 days so just going out for dinner with a few friends the other day, I had all the above anxieties in the first 20 minutes in the car.. The challenge is real.

I wood feel a ton better with a house sitter. And that has to be someone in my inner circle I can trust with my life.

Edit: Add a smidgen of paranoia in there.... cause .... well its weed. Some things just wont go away. Those 20 cops following me while I'm driving. Needless to say I don't drive high.

Green house FTW - sounds good. Bluemats will work just gotta dial them in a few weeks in advance.

Hear ya on the trust thing fer sure. Been looking for a good house sitter for a few years now. I might have a friend. I've been showing him how I do everything and get him to help me.

He's also sorta learning how to trim.

He sucks at it but can do a good pre-roll sesh. lol

I trust him but I've known him for 25 years.

I currently have several plants going and am planning a trip around then end of june.
I am not sure how to set these up to be maintenance free while I am gone.
I have five clones in the tent that have vegged about a month and was planning to flip them. I have eleven seedlings (5 pineapple thai and six Dancehall CBD) that are about a month old also. I had planned to take five out to a greenhouse. I was going to put the others under 12\12 in my ,',,grow closet,'
I have one bubba clone I'm wanting to make a momma plant.
I have three flowering Romulan grapefruit mom's I'm five weeks into flower or so.
Everything is in soil and appropriately sized pots and most are just recently transplanted. I use happy frog soil and mega crop except for a call mag now and then and a shot of big bloom from foxfarm at the end of bloom stage.
Any ideas?
@Emilya ?

Not sure what your watering schedule is, but I had a similar dilema that I solved with a cheap solution.

I generally water my plants (soil 2-3 gallon pots) about 1x every 4-5 days and I feed about 1 cup of water per plant. I had to figure out a solution that allowed me to get away for 1 1/2 weeks.... here is what I came up with.

I got a 5 gallon bucket, a "fountain" pump around 70GPM, some drip system emitters, hosing for the pump/emitters and some "t" connectors for the hosing and a digital timer that allows you to set individual days, time....

I set everything up to be on a drip system, and tested it before I left. I measured how long the pump would have to run for me to get approx 1 cup of water from each emitter. I then made sure to water my plants the night before I left with a normal feeding but gave them about and extra 1/2 cup of water more than normal.

Then, I set the timer to go on for 10 minutes, 5 days in the future from the night I watered. In the 5 gallon bucket I had just plain R/O water, ph balanced to my normal 6.4ph (approx as I used drops). I didn't add any fertilizer or additives as I didn't want any ph swings over the time I was gone.... I crossed my fingers and left for my trip. This allowed me to be gone for 10 days before the plants needed watering again, and when I came back, they were definitely happy and healthy and looked fine, although they definitely were ready for more water, the pump and timer helped me to bridge the gap while I was gone.

The pump, hoses and all the connectors I think ran me maybe 40 bucks total from the hardware store and Am@zon.... but saved me the hassle of worrying.

Just make sure to tripple check your timer settings are correct, and do a test run to make sure the pump and lines all work and drip correctly. Also make sure the pump is weighed down in the bucket as the suction cups on them tend not to work so good.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom