indoor grow lighting and nute ?s

thcgoblin917

so I am starting 12 legal plants inside I have a few differant questions that I hope can be answered. I'd also be grateful for any advice or suggestions....

first off I have 1 3 foot double bulb t5 light, I plan on either buying 2 more of those from home depot or buying a longer double bulb from my grow store.. It seems like the 3 smaller t5's would be a better idea but I don't know that's why I'm asking lol....
I would also like to know if I should look into like bloom bulbs and the differant types of bulbs for veging and flowering, considering I've only grown outdoor I'm not 100% on indoor lighting setups....
I think I'm going to cut clones off some outdoor plans I have and start them under the t5's until they root nice and then I plan on putting them right into 5 gallon buckets for about a month and then flowering for a month or two hoping to get atleast a few ounces off of each plant...

now for the soil..
il be using a mixture of FOX FARMS ocean forest mix ( which I've heard nothing but good about, well except that it's not that great for starting plants, kinda wonder if this will effect the clones?)
but yea I'm mixing the foxfarms with perlite and sphagum peat moss which is unfortunetly miracle grow unless my grow store has it( which I'm sure it has better brands&quality)
was also thinking of adding coco any advice on that?

now for nutrients...
so far like I said I've stuck to outdoorgrowing, in just soil watering only with plain tap water (and whenever it rains of course) whenever it is dry
I recently started to use SUPERTHRIVE which I use everyother watering ( not that much of a noticeable differance, but only seems to be helping)
I am really intrested in using either a foxfarms line up also and or trying liquid light with penotrator
I also wanto try budcandy and kushie kush with it to

please any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciate and if I can help anyone in anyway just let me no. I am going for both quality and quanity( aren't we all lol) and cost isn't really a bigdeal(doesnt mean I'll drop 100 bucks on a bottle of nutrients because it MIGHT work..)

please anything!??! Thanks!

The more lights the better, with 6 of those 3 ft t-5 you should do pretty well, you just have to make sure you keep the lights close to the top of the plants. There was a grow journal on here with someone growing with an 12 bulb 4 ft t-5 and they did awesome...I know it twice what you want but I'm sure there are lots of tips in there for using flourescents....here is the link..
Quantum T5 Badboy
If you can afford it then I would suggest buying the grow t-5 for grow and changing them out for the bloom t-5 for flower. With the advancements of spectrum in lighting today I think it is worth using the optimum light for the situation.
As for soil, why not just use Ocean Forest? I personally like Roots Organic better, b/c the FFOF has a high nitrogen content, but this is good for some plants. As long as you don't over-eagerly feed early, the plants should be fine in FFOF, it is certainly better than anything with Miracle Grow on it IMO.
I don't know much about superthrive, but if you follow directions while mixing nutes, then I would recomend House & Garden nutrients. They are a bit pricey, but there are a few of us on here using it, and a few other I know personally, and everyone has good results and really likes the product. It isn't a "might" work product, it WILL work. Of course the Fox Farm line will work as well, and there are a lot of people using it and liking it too.

thanks! And I'm not sure I have good enough lights. There just regular t5 lights I was going to use like 3 of them, you think I'm better off going the sure route and buying the t5s from the grow store, also do you think budcandy kushie kush and maybe like tiger bloom or big bud would work good indoor soil as well as outdoor

also I'm really intrested in the liquid light and pneatrator I've heard great things about them.. I'm really jus lookin for high potency and a bigyield, I really like skunk if there's anyway to make that a factor I'd be very grateful.thanks again!

Yeah I think if you really want a good lighting system then go to the hydro store and get one.
I don't know about those nutrients you are asking about. I think H&G will give you more of both potency and yield. Also if you are going to use Advanced Nutrients additives, why not also use the sensi A+B instead of the Tiger Bloom. Advanced Nutrients I have heard gives the biggest yield and good quality.

ok so just took some of them from outdoor and put them into the new grow room...i am putting them right onto 12/12 considering thyve alredy vegged for about 2.5/3 months outdoor.there under a high pressure sodium light (1) I'm not sure of wattage can see tomoro, it's a sylvania I believe... It's only 4 plants but if it seems good I'm guna put 12 in there..
the thermometer in there is readin 88/89 degrees, kinda high but I have 3 iscolating fans one small one facing the vent duct (gota get somethin better) and a window fan ( the one that fits rite in ur window) kinda underneath the table like blowin air up...... Pkease any advice I'm new to indoor!! But very eager to learn!!!?
yea so there under a hps bulb made by sylvania I believe..not sure of how many watts but I can see tommoro, I watered them all wiyh superthrive just to kinda help them settle in( can't hurt)
there's only 4 plants in there now I'm looking for close to 1lb. From them,
if this sounds like a goodset up I'm going to start 12 more

oo ya I also have a humidifer goin in there, not that strong but seems like it will help, it's just like a regular vicks one.. Thanks again!

thanks!
so it's actauly a 400w phillips high pressure sodium... I just picked up nutes called budstorm and bloom from a line I can't think of havnt really herd of it il put the name on here we I think of it, as far as a 1000w light I was thinkin, will the t5 badboy work it says it can program to 4 8 and 1000 watt

thanks! And I'm not sure I have good enough lights. There just regular t5 lights I was going to use like 3 of them, you think I'm better off going the sure route and buying the t5s from the grow store, also do you think budcandy kushie kush and maybe like tiger bloom or big bud would work good indoor soil as well as outdoor

Just a quicky, there is a WORLD of difference between 'regular' T-5's like at HD and T-5VHO like in the grow shop.

Get the T-5VHO. Usually much better prices online than in a shop.

DD

thanks man
I figured there had to be a catch considering homedepot t5's are like 30bucks lol....
the t5 badboy comes in 4 bilb and I gess has an adjustable output up to 1000w with virtually no heat....
and by the way I found out the name of my nutrients are "FLAIRFORM" I have the budstorm the grow veg and the grow bloom, whenever I use any I also add 1/4 teaspoon of superthrive( seems to work pretty good for growth, and basically just keeping overall healthy-ness)
anyone heard of this brand? Flairform.. Idk seems to work pretty good .watered my outdoor 3.5 foot monster for the first time at around 7 or 8 p.m yesterday and maybe it's just imaginiation, but I can almost already notice a lil vertical growth, not to mention how lush she's lookin...=) thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom