Outdoor grow late?

quiyettoker

Is it too late to grow? I just planted some seeds but its July, so can I still get bud this year, at least growing?

You will be fine. You might not get the mass that you would have earlier, but wevstill have plenty of daylight to grow them up a little.

It would depend on where you are located. In northern California, from seed your late (for outdoors) but hay it's fun trying.
If you are in a state that has co-ops, ask if they have people that have clones. That would shave the better part of a month off. Clones have an aggressive growing root system and could help get you a better start with more time for the vegging stage. The days are going to start getting short soon so there would not be a lot of time for the veggi stage and the plant will enter into flowers. You may end up with small plants.

Get some really good soil. We have FoxFarm here and it's awesome.

Go for it - what you learn will help you get a great start next season.

You know what! Ive had like three plants gone by some birds!:rollingeyes: But I just had one sprout yesterday! I should have started earlier I know but If i could get one to not get snipd by those damn birds I will be ok! I was thinkin of a indoor growbox (To hide it from my wife) Cause she doesnt want me to grow anymore after i got arrested and did probation two years ago! but idk which type I want either a Pc growbox or something else!

I know I'm not your Dad, but doing anything and trying to hide it from your wife usually turns out to be not such a great idea. You might want to give this a little more thought.

ill be watching this one, im in the same boat! i have 3 i just put in the ground 2 weeks ago, two blue widdow and one blue mystic. they were clones that vegged for 2 weeks so i have some decent root action goin but we'll so how much wa. sun is left to push the lil ladies up!!

Im still trying to get one to sprout so I can guerilla grow, I know its late but i might get lucky!! Also thinking about building a growbox for two five gallon buckets for dwc, I have to get cfl lights, net pots, grow medium, and of course build the box!! :cool:

You know what! Ive had like three plants gone by some birds!:rollingeyes: But I just had one sprout yesterday! I should have started earlier I know but If i could get one to not get snipd by those damn birds I will be ok! I was thinkin of a indoor growbox (To hide it from my wife) Cause she doesnt want me to grow anymore after i got arrested and did probation two years ago! but idk which type I want either a Pc growbox or something else!

Birds? You know, when your corn is still just a bunch of tiny seedlings and the crows come in to take them all, if you shoot one and hang it up you don't really have a crow problem after that (they'll make a pretty big racket). I don't know if it would work the same with cannabis, but it's worth a shot. Of course, I don't know what kind of birds are eating your sprouts.

Just one more reason to start your seeds indoors and get them to viable plant size before setting them out. Speaking of reasons for starting seeds indoors... You are working with feminized seeds, right? Because if not you may be in for a surprise.

Might be easier (and safer) all around if you explain to your wife how much less likely you are to get caught if you grow inside where nobody but you is likely to see your plants - or YOU going to/from your garden and tending it - than outside. Two out of the last three local busts were because the grow was outdoors (ok, one was really stupid - he had plants indoors and decided to plant more - right in plain view on his property). The third got busted with a 100% indoor grow, but then again the SOB beat up his wife and she went across the street and called the cops from their neighbor's house (and said, "And he's got 16 plants growing in the downstairs bathroom too.). So you can't really blame that on the indoors thing.

Set out a good short-season indica that is of a decent size, maybe knee-high, that is a known female and do it really soon and you might just get a harvest. If it gets lots of sun, not too much rain, and if it stays warm.

Thanks for the info, Yes I have a female seed that just germinated in a pc growbox. Yeah I got caught too two years ago , growing outside, a neighbor from wayyyyyy down the street ratd on me, I had 91 plants( only like ten big plants the rest were cuttings). I am trying to find myself some wood for a grow box, I have gotten 2 5-gallon buckets, I have a square tray that i will use for the grow, I have airstones and air pump already, all I need is the grow medium,nutes,more cfls( I have 150 hps for flowering)Thanks to the Cops for taking my 1000watt hps and my 600watt mh( That sucks)but I putting things together for a hopefully successful grow with female seed Power Plant!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom