Outdoor Jack in BC interior

roaring lion

greetings fellow gardeners,
after 14 years off from cultivating, im more than pumped about my 3 jacks and one hash passion growing outdoor in the BC interior. after everything i've read about jack herer, sounds like i'm in for a lengthy flowering stage. transplanted the germinated seeds on may 6th, and these beauties have gone insane with vigorous growth. super healthy, in soil and thriving, one showing classic sativa phenotype, will post pics soon. we've been known to get consistently early freak frosts (mid to late september) where i'm living, but can have some nice sunny days into october once the frosts have occured. should i let nature run it's course or trick the girls by covering up early and forcing the flower stage? or get a greenhouse and help these beauties get some density to the buds and eek out some extra fall weather to make these things taste sweet? it only seems logical to let these firecrackers go the distance. still early to be concerned, but anyone who has grown outdoor jack in BC who can offer some wisdom on flowering time, flipping the girls a bit early to get maximimum yield, or let them deal with the elements and get what i get?

go tell the world rastafari is a conqueror

thanks mr. rogers,
I appreciate that patience rewards ye who has waited and I'm willing to go the distance. but those who fail to recall history are doomed to repeat it as they say. here's the lovely ladies after a shower and some early morning breakfast. 7 am and the low lying sun and the UV-B just starting to kiss the girls, outside temp is 7.4 degrees C. sun disappears by 7-730 pm. I know it's still early but a few extra minutes of work to cloak them in the evening to send them into flowering mode? yay or nay? would be shame to lose out on yield/quality due to a lack of effort on my part. I'm leaning towards a greenhouse by end of august. anyone?

prince of peace, king of kings, lord of lords, concrete lion of judah...

Attachments

• 20190725_070228.jpg
    20190725_070228.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 159
  • 20190725_070332.jpg
    20190725_070332.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 156
  • 20190725_070242.jpg
    20190725_070242.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 157
I am in the BC interior as well, and know we get decent weather through September and part of October. Jack needs around 9 weeks of flower I think. So you should be able to just let them flower naturally, looking at their size they seem good to go. That said it couldn’t hurt to kick start that process, right around now would be the time to do it.

thanks gents,
appreciate the feedback. the frosts are consistently early so yes, I will keep them covered during clear nights. very exciting to be cultivating again. I know I've got until mid October but I'm just so excited about their health and vigour. I've got them all tied down and the number of shoots is staggering. let the sun shine on all the gardens out there...

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum so to speak, dealing with heat.
GGS1, own seed, Outdoor. Trying my hand at breeding (definitely a science).
Quality of seeds from seedbanks are a hit or miss anymore. Plain and simple it's all about the $$$. If you don't have a good source for genetics, a hook-up then roll up your sleeves and commit to a long but rewarding process. I'm close to retirement and growing cannabis is both rewarding and therapeutic (PTSD). I very seldom toke but you get great self satisfaction when you can gift what you grow to others with a handshake and a smile.

Back
Top Bottom