Outside grow tent for drying in freezing weather, will 70% humidity ruin the lot?

girlsrus

Hi, i am trying to get as much info as i can in prep for harvesting. I am at the stage of watering only.

My tent is outside in a stand alone partitioned area of the garage and so far i have managed to maintain temps with a heater but we are very close to frost. The last week has been pretty cold in the mornings, 2 degrees or 34 if you prefer.

What i am worried about is hanging the plants in the tent to dry when i cut them down. As there is no light source and the plants are not growing they are more susceptible to mold etc. Its the humidity that will be my downfall. Its been around 70% with a dehumidifier. I hae not had any mold or insect problems at all

Do i have the intake and carbon exhaust going as i have done with the grow but obviously without the lights? I dont want them to dry too fast but will the high humidity 70% help them slow dry or will it ruin the bud. I will heat the tent to about 75, which i do when lights off anyway. The air coming in is from outside and cold, i cant change this but the heater and dehumidifier help. My buds are pretty dense and big. Will the air exchange be too big using the carbon filter and fan?

Oh yeah, how long will they stink for when they dry? My carbon filter doesnt work, will they smell for long?

Thats what i thought.

The tent is sort of insulated. The pics should help. a 4ft by 10ft partition was put in the garage and the inner walls and roof of the new room were covered with polystyrene. I thought this was the best thing to use for noise and temperature. So far its been great but its getting colder so the goal posts have been moved now.
20120715_200231.png

20120715_072811.png

20120718_113410.png

I have been able to veg 18/6 through 90 degree sun and near freezing with lights off using a heater and not had any problems. Is the drying environment more important to get it exact.

I dont think i can dry anywhere else. Anyone got any tips i can use with what i have got?

Expanding Foam is the devils work. :D

You try using safety blankets, pieces of carpet, insulation foam from Home Depot to help with the tent area.

You just want to be sure your environment is ideal so your buds don't dry to fast or too slow.

Taste, and quality can greatly be affected if the dry/cure period is not ideal.

You try using safety blankets, pieces of carpet, insulation foam from Home Depot to help with the tent area.

You just want to be sure your environment is ideal so your buds don't dry to fast or too slow.

Taste, and quality can greatly be affected if the dry/cure period is not ideal.

Ive been busy. The air is now coming from the garage not the wooden shed. The humidity through the unit is now 52%.It was in the 70s from the shed. I am only watering a tiny bit so the air is drier in the tent. Next week we are meant to have warmer and drier weather, maybe i should harvest then. If its 50% humidity outside i can get it down to 40% i should think. Its going to be 18/56 degrees as opposed to 3/32 degrees its been lately.
The plants seem to have thrived on it though. The buds are solid, they almost creak when i try to open them up lol.

I had a proper look at the trichs last night and i have lots of the stalked trichs with the balls on them. I think i mistook the clear for cloudy and i can now see the difference easily. I have enough cloudy ones so i am ready anytime now. My girls still have a lot of green leaves. I have removed some that were in the way or no good, will the rest go yellow with just water feeding, its nearly a week now without nutes.

Back
Top Bottom