Drying outside in 70% humidity

Phillybonker

Is there anyway I can dry outside in 70% humidity conditions?, I was thinking about using a tent and removing all the buds from the branches then drying the buds that way.

My other option is to gut my van (easy) and dry the buds in there but the problem with that is no air flow (I have to keep everything shut up due to smell of cannabis) and it will be 25°C - 30°C in the van because it heats up in the sun.

Drying inside is not an option due to a recent unexpected event right at harvest time and I'm stuck with buds that need drying.

Is there anyway I can dry outside in 70% humidity conditions?, I was thinking about using a tent and removing all the buds from the branches then drying the buds that way.

My other option is to gut my van (easy) and dry the buds in there but the problem with that is no air flow (I have to keep everything shut up due to smell of cannabis) and it will be 25°C - 30°C in the van because it heats up in the sun.

Drying inside is not an option due to a recent unexpected event right at harvest time and I'm stuck with buds that need drying.
You can dry outside with that humidity but your still going to need some constant air moving with that humidity level.

Stupid question - Will big humidity packs work if I dry buds in an enclosed container in paper bags?
This sounds like it’s going to turn out bad. I say freeze all that stuff and make some hash. Won’t have to worry about drying it. Fresh frozen bubble hash! Mmmmmmm! Or you got a buddy with a garage?

You could try it but I’m not sure.
Lol. How are humidity packs going to help? If the outside humidity is 70. And you need to introduce fresh air. I don’t see that helping dry anything. Maybe to help with the cure later on but. It sounds like it’s going to be really hard to cure anything outside or in a van. Better luck in the van, with the ac on!

This sounds like it’s going to turn out bad. I say freeze all that stuff and make some hash. Won’t have to worry about drying it. Fresh frozen bubble hash! Mmmmmmm! Or you got a buddy with a garage?
The freezer is inside which makes it not a option and I don't won't to bring my problems on someone else by asking for drying space.

Lol. How are humidity packs going to help? If the outside humidity is 70. And you need to introduce fresh air. I don’t see that helping dry anything. Maybe to help with the cure later on but. It sounds like it’s going to be really hard to cure anything outside or in a van. Better luck in the van, with the ac on!
Yeah I thought about leaving the ac on, but then now there is a noisy running van with no one inside. Might attract unwanted attention.

You can dry outside with that humidity but your still going to need some constant air moving with that humidity level.
I agree with this one. You can dry it fine as long as you have lots of airflow. But to put it simply - it will not get any drier than that 70% RH level.

Also keep in mind your temps in the drying area and what ‘relative humidity’ means. 70% at a cool temperature is not the same 70% when it's warm.

So what you have in the drying area may not be the same as what you get later in the jar at room temperature

Your right. I apologize. I’m distracted right now and wasnt thinking about his original post.

Stupid question - Will big humidity packs work if I dry buds in an enclosed container in paper bags?
Look up the low and slow method in the refrigerator in paper bags. It works great if you have room in your fridge.

I have put flowers hanging in a big box with a lid on it. Dont use humidity packs to dry your flower.

The freezer is inside which makes it not a option and I don't won't to bring my problems on someone else by asking for drying space.
The problem turns into a solution, when you are the friend in need with weed! And for some reason I got a feeling you have a shit ton of outdoor to dry up. Would suck to turn it all to hash but it’s better that mold when stuff is dried wonky... good luck bro, let us know what you end up doing.

The problem turns into a solution, when you are the friend in need with weed! And for some reason I got a feeling you have a shit ton of outdoor to dry up. Would suck to turn it all to hash but it’s better that mold when stuff is dried wonky... good luck bro, let us know what you end up doing.
Found a dry space. I am indeed a friend in need with weed. I'm good now:)

Back
Top Bottom