Overwatering? please help!

subliminal08

Well we've been giving these babies about half a cup a day, and I think we overdid it a bit. They're drooping and the stems are turning purple. I hear it's best to water them once a week until water drips from the bottom? And as for saving them now, what should I do? I hear adding more perlite to the soil might help dry them out, as well as giving them hydrogen peroxide for more oxygen. I also hear it could be a magnesium difficiency, which I have some chemicals for. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Overwatering? please help!!!

ehhhh soil.

water till it comes out the bottom. and don't water again until the soil is dry to the first knuckle of yer longest finger.

after about 4 weeks of straight water you can start adding nutes.

1 week on nutes, one week off.

does the purple stems come with a lightning color of the leaves or are they still dark.

is your soil hard and compact or loose? if hard, you may think of transplanting them to a soil with perlite or expanded clay. cocoa coir works well mixed into the soil ... loose soil means oxygen can get to the roots... hard soil means it cant.

hard soil also promotes dry pockets that never get water, while loose soil lets moisture be distributed evenly.

Good luck... one of the soil gods should be by shortly

Re: Overwatering? please help!!!

I hope the soil gods have mercy on me man,

Well the mixture we're using right now is 70/30 foxfarm/perlite. The leaves are either very dark green (darker than usual) or starting to turn yellow.

Last sunday we used one teapson of sensi-cal w/ a gallon of water and used half the gallon. We have some magnesium nutes, I heard a magnesium deficiency could be our problem as well.

I would say our soil is pretty compact though, could i just put a stick in there and loosen it up a bit or should I just transplant them?

Back
Top Bottom