Partial Harvest?

biodieselbenz

Hey Guys,

OK, I've been watching the trichs on this cali orange of mine really closely, and it's sitting around 60% amber. Well, on some branches. Other branches have a ways to go. So, here's my question:

Can you harvest a branch or two at a time? See, a couple of the long branches that split off at the base are hanging low because they are so heavy with bud. And these are the ones that look supreme for harvest. Can I cut off those branches either where they connect to the main "trunk" of the plant, or should I just cut off the buds that are good? I think cutting off the branches will also let more light in to the other bud sites, but I want to make sure it won't kill my plant if I cut off two branches.

Also, can you trim the main load at the very tip of the plant? It's about 7 or 8 inches of solid bud. Could I cut, say, three inches off and in a week take another three, and then two inches? It seems like the top few inches are ready for harvest, but the lack of light is delaying the sites immediately below it.

Let me know your thoughts. I'm really calling on Urd and RD and the other experienced crew on this one, but all help is, as always, supremely appreciated!

Later,

Trace

Re: Partial Harvest...???

yes, i also some times havest a little early and only take the large buds and reveg the plant, i do this often as i been expirmenting with making my own strains and never know if it is oignt ot be good, if it is good after it has started to veg again, with crazy looking leaves at first i then clone, if i was not impressed i just drie and collect the tri's nd freeze and strain to make hash

Back
Top Bottom