Pause button

ChesterC

Hey y'all ... I have six healthy indoor plants currently sucking up Farmers Pride Grow Micro Bloom ... in about 3 weeks I need to leave town for 4-6 weeks leaving the plants in the care of my wife. If I were here I would probably switch to 12/12 about 1/2 way thru my absence. As it is I plan to leave them vegging until I return. Is there a way to "hit the pause button" on a grow ? My wife won't use the BPN because of the smell and the fact that it's complicated and needs to be mixed ... best I can hope for is her watering them now and then and possibly turning them occasionally. She smokes it, she just would prefer not to put any effort into them. Is there anything I can just stick in the ground that will fertilize them while I'm gone ? Would potting up just before I leave w/ a soil containing nutrients hold them for 4-6 weeks ? They are in 1 gal pots now and I'd like to go to 3 gal before I leave ... I'm also considering reducing light time to about 14 hours to slow things down and require less watering while I'm gone. There is no one besides my wife I can get to help w/ this. I appreciate any ideas y'all have to share.

:bongrip:

There's a thread here for 'Oscomote Plus"(15-9-12) fert that's praised and said to last longer than the time your gone (think 3 months) so all you have to do is put the recommended amount on top of the soil and the wife just waters . To control the growth, I'd say LST them and leave em tied down til you get back so they give all their energy to new mid sprouts. If you trans-plant em before you leave, that will slow the growth down for around a week too. I wouldn't go with less than 18 hours light though cause thats more likely will cause hermies. And as an added precaution, I'd leave the lights a nice distance up just in case; you can always clone or cut off to many branches when you get back if you do LST them. O and if you do change the nutes, I'd flush out real well before I added the Osmocote Plus. Safe Travels.:surf:

Back
Top Bottom