Perfect Light Hrs for vegging?

Red-Cricket

Hey all, Lots of opinions out there about the perfect amount of indoor light per day for vegging. Can anyone clear the air on this topic? Im on 24 hrs using 10 4' t-5"s...They look great! Thanks All

Re: Perfect Light Hrs for vegging??

It really is up to you as the grower, I typically do 18/6 just because a daily sleep cycle only seems natural to me. Also some people go 12/12 from the very beginning, if your happy with them then go with it. Just make sure to do 24hrs dark before you start flowering on 12/12 from 24/0

Re: Perfect Light Hrs for vegging??

I went 24/0 during veg and 12/12 in flower. The way I see it, as long as you're giving them light, they are going to use it. I gave my babies a full 24hrs of darkness before putting them on 12/12 as I have read this resets their clock and they transition into flowering faster. I can't confirm if this is true, as it still took about a week before any preflowers started to show.

Thanks All, I heard 18/6...24/0...I did NOT know if using 24/0 you should do 24 hrs of night before flowering...cool Thanks! If using 12/12...does flowering take place on its own? Im on 24/0..the soil does dry out fast...I water everyday..nutes every other day. I sprinkle a little limestone powder every other nute day. Thanks all

I do a 24/0 and they love it!!! They are short, bushy, and a lovely green. I agree with bigtires001, 24/0 does give the least amount of node spacing. I dont do a 24 hour dark period. I slam them straight into 12/12. By doing that I have found I get preflowers within 3-4 days.

Back
Top Bottom