Pests? PH issues? Please help!

Chile 420

So I have two autoflowers on day 18, and I started noticing a couple days ago that I seem to have some kind of pest or something. On one (Auto critical jack) there are tiny white spots on the leaves, and the other (Deimos), is looking quite odd. Basically there is a weird yellow outline around the perimeter of the leaves, along with tiny holes on the leaves. Check it out:

Deimos:
IMG_014329.JPG
IMG_014529.JPG
IMG_014636.JPG

The plant in on the whole doesn't look terrible, but close up there are those problems, and there is this weird yellow color around all of the leaves:
IMG_014843.JPG

Here's the Auto critical jack. This one seems to be much better off, however there are weird white spots on the leaves:
IMG_014132.JPG

IMG_014227.JPG

There may be more than one issue going on here, but I would really love some input as to what my problem is, and how to go about fixing it. I really appreciate all of your help!!

:peace: :Namaste:

Re: Pests?? PH issues?? Please help!!

The yellow outline around your plant appears to be nutrient burn and the holes are splash damage on your leaves. Have you inspected the underside of your leaves for insects? Are you splashing nutrients on your leaves? What nutrients are you using and how many millilitres per gallon? What are you adjusting your pH to? You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Thanks for your help guys!

After reading your advice the other day, I went and inspected the underside of the plants, and on 1 of the lower leaves of the plant that seems more effected, I found what looks like a tiny white translucent caterpillar. It escaped before I could take a picture of it. I went to a few local grow shops and bought two different products that I was recommended: Potassium soap which I was told would help to curb the problems (but that it was also meant to be used as more of a preventative measure however would still help), and then something else that I was told would get rid of the problem completely within about 2 weeks: Bacillus thuringiensis mixed with water and some other organic coating agent. I was basically told that they should just be mixed with water (at different amounts) and sprayed onto the plants and the soil below them.

Do you have any experience or advice on either of these pesticides?

PH:
I also bought some paper to test the PH, and the water seems to be a bit higher PH than what I need. It's about 7, maybe 7.2, so I bought a liquid that is supposed to lower the PH and also has some organic bio growth stimulators.

Water/nutes:
I also have another question - I understand that over-watering facilitates pest problems. As it stands, I have each plant in about 21 liters (3.2 gallons) of "All mix" (BIO BIZZ) soil in a smart bag/pot, and I would say I water it every 2 to 3 days with about 1.5 liters (.4 gallons) of water. So far I have applied Bio Grow to both plants 2 at two consecutive feeds at .8 mls per liter (at 1.5 liters of water per plant.) I haven't been spraying any nutes on the plants though.

Have I been over-watering or over nuting?

I really appreciate all of your help!

When I spray my plants I add 3-5 drops per gallon of Ivory Liquid Soap as a surfactant, it helps the spray stick to the leaves and stems better. It does not appear you are over watering or aplying too high of dosage of nutrients.

here is a BioBizz nutrient feed chart

biobizz_grow_chart1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom