Who Can ID The Best? Possible Deficiency Or Pest

J Obadiah

I am noticing these tiny, tiny, little white spots all over the leaves, some on older leaves, some on sorta new leaves, but not brand new ones. I see it happening on Blue Cookies, Purple Punch, Bubba Kush, and a little bit on the Gelato. Strawberry seems to have another issue as well, because her leaves are curled under and are also exhibiting a lighter color. The Purple Punch has a Ca deficiency I think, due to the discoloration of the leaves and veins.

Also, there are a couple of images of some petioles and stems where they've turned purple on the top half only. I know there is a word for that, but I've forgotten it.

Any thoughts/advice/comments?
20190411_141356.jpg
20190411_141324.jpg
20190411_141255.jpg
20190411_141238.jpg
20190411_141237.jpg
20190411_141112.jpg
20190411_141032.jpg
20190411_141012.jpg
20190411_140904.jpg
20190411_140856.jpg

Thanks, folks!

Obadiah

I'm thinking mites. Both mites and thrips will leave white spots like that, but thrip damage makes the tops of the leaves take on a shiny appearance in spots which I don't see on yours.

Not sure what you have on hand for pests, but in veg you can go with neem, diatomaceous earth mixed in water, iso alcohol/water, or H2O2/water. Whatever you use, the underside of the leaves is where they live, though with any of them (except the DE/water mix) hit the tops as well.

In flower I advise against use neem though.

I'm thinking mites. Both mites and thrips will leave white spots like that, but thrip damage makes the tops of the leaves take on a shiny appearance in spots which I don't see on yours.

Not sure what you have on hand for pests, but in veg you can go with neem, diatomaceous earth mixed in water, iso alcohol/water, or H2O2/water. Whatever you use, the underside of the leaves is where they live, though with any of them (except the DE/water mix) hit the tops as well.

In flower I advise against use neem though.
For sure. I'm leaning toward mites as well, I don't think its thrips. Im very nervous because I also have gnats, and its getting kinda bad.

Will the h202 kill my mycorrhizae? I can always top dress more biolive if need be after i used it. Neem Oil seems to be what Im hearing most...good for gnats too, I wonder? I'm driving so I cant exactly research atm lol. Thank God for voice-text.

Thanks for checking in on them, I appreciate it ✌

Since you're just spraying the leaves, I don't think it will affect anything in the soil no matter what you use. For fungus gnats I have found the best thing is a layer of Diatomaceous Earth sprinkled across the top of the soil.

Also a good fan blowing right at soil level will keep them from landing and laying eggs. And of course, yellow sticky traps work too.

Back
Top Bottom