Pests

qzsue

420 Member
Hey! Thanks so much once again, y'all are so helpful.
We found these eggs on the underside of just a couple leaves today. Brushed them off. Any ideas of what they are? Also found a few tiny red bugs....spider mites maybe? The girls are really starting to flower now.
20220816_102338.jpg

Those appear to be leaf footed bug eggs. They are a pest, manually removing the eggs will work, I’d be at least if not more concerned with the spider mites. You need to get them under control quickly, as they can quickly take over and cause serious damage. Anything that will kill spider mites will probably kill the leaf foots!

Also found a few tiny red bugs....spider mites maybe?
If they are big enough to see then a good chance they are not spider mites. My first thought would be that they are Clover Mites which are related to Spider Mites but not the same insect.

Clover Mites will eat wild clover and field grasses and not our Marijuana plants. I have seen them on my outdoor plants at times and just leave them alone. I don't see any point in spraying for something that is not a problem; we are already causing problems by spraying for one insect and killing off two or three beneficial predator insects. The small red Clover Mites move on before long looking for their preferred foods.

Oh yea, definitely big enough to see easily. Brushed them off. I do not like pesticides either. Thank you so much!!!

If you have some diatomaceous earth (not food grade), put some on top the of the soil, it will slow down many pests, particularly those that have part of their life cycle in the earth. The DE is like walking on razor blades for insects, cuts them to pieces. Try not to breath in the dust, or use a mask. It's not a poison, it's a mechanical deterrent, and it adds some silicon to the soil.

Back
Top Bottom