pH and Foliar Sprays

rhetorrikz

Hi all , i have some questions re. foliar spraying.
Ill start off with clones , ive been phing my water after adding some rhizotonic to 5.8 - 6 ? Every thing seems fine.
Now with some larger plants i have in coco , i wanted to give them a spray with a cal mag supplement and alternate it with some p k + silica + trace elements im guessing i ph to around the same .. so ph to 6.
Next 1 plant in soil outside . Should i ph to 6.5 for a plant in soil or just stick to my solution ph of 6?
Lastly i wanted to spray some neem oil around as a precaution does a product like neem oil need to be phed ? As the plant is not feeding or taking nutes in?
thankyou :420: all the best...

Neem oil must be mixed in an EMULSION, it's pretty pointless to get Neem oil and mix in plain water.
To make an emulsion you use insecticidal soap (Castille/Potassium Soap). Make the emulsion w/ bottled water (because soft water sticks way better to leaves than hard tap water!) and add your Neem oil to it. And YES I have information that Neem oil should be ph-ed, to a ph to 4-6. Why I don't know, it just said "for best results". Seeing that a soap emulsion has a very high ph of 11 so add some squirts of lemon juice to bring the ph down. The combo of insecticidal soap and Neem oil works great, a combo which will kick any mite's ass - hard!

Back
Top Bottom