Protekt: Foliar Application

eljefeloco

Hey guys, needing a bit of advice.

I'm growing in coco and had been using protekt in my feed but discontinued its use after spending way too much time correcting the pH imbalances it causes.

I was wondering if applying as a foliar spray would bypass the need for messing around with pH, and whether enough protekt would be absorbed to make it worthwhile.

Any insight appreciated.

So I googled protekt.... try it for yourself and see the variety it brings up...
I'll assume you mean protekt silica 0-0-4. Yes silica does absorb through the leaves, it seems to work quite well from my limited experience and understanding. I do believe you should ph your foliage feed as well however I was wrong at least once before.
You can use vinegar or lemon juice to ph down to save money, apparently battery acid is the cheapest and probably the most stable as well would be my guess. The ph in your mixed solution will drift up in time.

I use it as a ph up in my nft system, I'm aware that it has a lot of potassium in it but I use very little in a 10 gallon res so I just take that risk in an effort to use it up. I honestly thought it said 0-0-.4 when I was buying it, my old bottle (rhino skin) is 0-0-.4 so I guess I assumed this was the same :(

I use Protekt.... have been for a few years now.
I couldn't imagine using it as foliar. I've had great success at 1tsp per gallon in my feed. Start to finish, same dose.
:thumb:

It only gets difficult if you make it that way.
:passitleft:

I use Protekt.... have been for a few years now.
I couldn't imagine using it as foliar. I've had great success at 1tsp per gallon in my feed. Start to finish, same dose.

It only gets difficult if you make it that way.
:passitleft:
Are you in dirt? Does it not mess with your ph? I wonder if we are all talking about the same thing or not. The protekt I use shoots my ph up by at least +10 if not double that.

Are you in dirt? Does it not mess with your ph? I wonder if we are all talking about the same thing or not. The protekt I use shoots my ph up by at least +10 if not double that.
I'm in coco. Haven't used a PH meter in years. Sink or swim over here.

They always swim. LoL

I take back everything I said as I have no idea what protekt is to be honest. I was just downstairs I'm mistaken once more my product is grotek pro silicate.

Shit I just went through the 1st 10 pages of your journal looking for which nutes you're using because I am planing on switching to coco and mega crop. I was curious about your ph levels and thought your nutes might enlighten me... such is my day oh well. Mine (protekt) is a different product anyways. :lot-o-toke: :thumb:
I can't worry bout the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin.

Back
Top Bottom