ph fluctuation

sarin

I'm having a bit of trouble with the PH in my system. tap water is about 6.5 after i add the nutrients it drops to 6.2. my nutrients recommend 5.8 as its ideal PH so i add vinegar until it drops to 5.8 and all is well. in about 24 hours the PH jumps from 5.8 to 6.7. i am using about 20L of water and have 2 plants in an airoponic system. do i need to keep daily adjustments up or is there a way to keep it at a stable ph for longer? any help would be apreciated

I'm pretty sure that vinegar only provides a temporary pH adjustment. Try using a product such as General Hydroponics' pH Down. You'll find that the pH is more stable. Depending on the type, strength, and ratio of the nutrients that you're using, you should be able to do an initial pH adjustment - after mixing up your nutrient solution, of course - and it will slowly rise over time as certain things are consumed by the plant. Many times, at that point one can add back one component of their nutrients (assuming they are using a multi-part nutrient) to make up for it which will drop the pH right back where it should be.

Of course, that assumes a large enough reservoir for stability. Ordinarily I'd say that just over 5¼ gallons of water isn't enough for two plants (or one, really, depending on their size, the strength of your lights, et cetera) but I don't have experience with aeroponics, so I am not really sure.

I was going to suggest GH pH Down too! I buy it now in the dry form cause it is MUCH cheaper than the liquid version.

1.5 POUNDS of each UP and DOWN for around $20.00.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Back
Top Bottom