ph problem in hydroponic system! please help!

o MR BUD o

hey 420 how we doing people, i have a bit of a ph problem that i was wondering if anyone out there could please help me with!!!! i'm 3 weeks away from harvesting and for the past previous 2 weeks i've been having a ph problem that i'm not shore how to fix, i am growing in a NFT hydroponic system my nuts are kept between 700 and 800 ppm TDS and i change the water in my res once a week, when changing the water in my res i ph my res water to a ph of 5.8 but by the following day the ph will drop to a ph of 4.5 which i then add some un PHed water to the res to up the ph of my res back to 5.8 again but shore enough by the following day the ph is back down to 4.5 which i then repeat the same process and i do know that a ph of 4.5 is not good for the plants, i think the problem is that my plants are drinking more water than nuts and are drinking nothing but the un PHed water that i've added to the res the night before which is why my ph drops so much and im worried that if this keeps happening im gonna corse a nut lock out or something so can some one please tell me how to stop the ph in my res from dropping so dangerously low to a 4.5 everyday as its starting to stress me out and corse me some unnecessary grey hairs!!! thanks for any help people!!!

Re: ph problem in hydroponic system!!! please help!!!

"i think the problem is that my plants are drinking more water than nuts"

That sound like what is going on. Lowering your ppm slightly will help a little.
Try setting your ph a little higher at res change. What are you adjusting the ph with?
I get better control with a dry mix over the ready mixed in a bottle.

hey oldman60 thanks for the reply mister, so are you saying that it was because my ppm was a little too high to begin with which is what corsed my plants to start drinking more water than nuts!!! well i adjust my ph with a liquid form of ph down from a bottle and i've never used a liquid form of ph up before as i was told from the grow shop that i dont need too as un PHed water from the tap works just fine and will raise the ph back up to where i want it to be and i never knew that there was a dry mix form of ph out ther on the market!!!! i will try doing what you suggested by lowering my ppm and upping my ph a little at my next res change and see how that works for me, thanks dude for taking the time out and assisting me with my problem!!!!!!!

General hydroponics has a dry ph up and down. A tiny bit goes a long way!
You ppms aren't necessarily too high to begin with. What happens when she just drinks, the concentration of
the nutes goes up. This causes the ph to drop. Just like it does when you add your nutes at res change.
The size of your res effects how wide and fast the ph swing is.
When Im' close to the end the same thing happens to me. Some days she eats more and some days she drinks more.

hey oldman60 thanks for giving me the heads up about the dry ph as i said before thats all new to me and i just might check it out and see what its like!!! as for the rest of the info that you have spoke about i am thankful sir as it can be very hard to get a reply as most people just like to view what someone writes without actually answering the question and i have to say that what you have wrote makes perfect sence so once again i thank you sir and have yourself a good day now!!!!

Back
Top Bottom