Plant deficiency - Please help!

o MR BUD o

hey guys i'm having a slight problem with a couple of my ladies, i think there suffering with the beginning stages of either a calcium, magnesium and maybe a slight nitrogen deficiency tho i'm not 100% shore!!

my temps are 70 F to 73 F lights on and 60 F to 63 F lights off

RM is kinder low at the moment at 38-43 lights on and 45-50 lights off

water temps in my res are 60 F to 64 F

my ph is 5.8 and my ppm is 500

with these factors in place i dont think that my girls should really be showing any signs of deficiencies tho i should mention that i think i over done it a bit with the amount of house and gardens root excelurator i used for the first time at 0.3 ml per liter of water coz a couple of days ago i noticed a couple of leaf tips on a few of plants were slightly burnt and i know my ph and ppm's are not to blame and although 0.3 ml of root excelurator per liter of water is the recommended dose i think that its a bit too strong for my girls at the moment who have only been in the (NFT) hydroponic trays for one week now and are still babies to a degree so im not shore if im right in thinking that my plants deficiencies might be the result of the slight root excelurater over dose which i have now corrected in my res by adding some more phED water to help dilute down the root excelurator a bit!!

i would apreciate any help comments and thoughts you may have as im not shore if im right in what i think the problem maybe and how it started, i've uploaded some pics for you to get a better idea of what im talking about!! thanks people

IMG_162710.JPG
IMG_16269.JPG
IMG_162211.JPG
IMG_162113.JPG
IMG_161910.JPG
IMG_161614.JPG
IMG_161415.JPG
IMG_160912.JPG
IMG_162011.JPG
IMG_160810.JPG
IMG_160912.JPG

Re: plant deficiency please help!!

WOW 420..... either there are alot of shy people using this website or your all as confused and unshore as me as to what the deficiency to my plants look like or what the problem could be as i think i've had just over 300 people look at my problem with pictures and not one responce with anyones ideas to do with any of it which for me is quite puzzling as i know that there are alot of smart and knowledgeable people out there using this website and even for those of you that aint so knowledgeable you could still throw in an idea or two of your own no matter how silly or wrong they might be as i thought thats why we all signed up to this website to learn from each other and bounce off one anothers ideas!! :eek:)

any how i have come up with another idea as to why my plants are showing signs of deficiency and i would really appreciate anyones help feed back or critiscm's to my idea, i've been racking my brains out all day today as to what could be corsing the deficiencies when my ph is correct my ppm's are where they should be and my room temps and water temps are ok and after nearly having a brain melt down and a miner seizure with over thinking i decided to have a look at what it says on my nutes bottle.... i am using for the first time ever the genesis formula 3 part nutrient solution made by green air products and whilst i was reading i noticed it said to add the ph to the res FIRST before adding the nutes which is not what i did coz i added the nutes first to the desired ppm and then added my ph until it read 5.8 which is what i've always done in the past and had no problems so far so my question is why are the saying in capital letters to add the ph first before adding the nutes... have i some how depleted some of my nutes goodness with my ph by adding the ph to my res after already adding my nutes which is now why my plants are showing some signs of deficiency... is that even possible or am i just chatting pure shit... please let me know what you think 420 or throw in a few ideas people as im running out of ideas of my own!! THANKS

i'm using tap water dude that i let sit in bucket's for three days at a time before adding to my tanks, the waters ph straight from my tap is 7.4!!

thanks for your replies and willingness to try and help me oldman and my ppm straight out of the tap is 300 mister!!

Ok, I went to Greenair and took a look at Genesis Formula.
https://greenair.com/old/pdf/gf-stage-feeding-schedule.pdf

If this is the stuff you are using it says do not count that 300 ppm of your water when measuring your nutes.
So if you are measuring 500ppm, 200 of that is from your nutes. The chart suggests 1000-1500ppm for young plants.
Your plants might be hungry.

The schedule also says to add the nutes first then adjust PH.

thanks dude for your time and effert, that is the stuff that i'm using and i have added to your reputation for all your troubles!!
after having a look on the website the only thing i could find was a feeding chart telling me how many ml of nutrients per gallon of water you should add as each week changes, i use to follow the charts and and how much they say you should put in on the back of the bottles and all that does is just leads to so many problems nute burns and deficiencies that i stopped paying attention to the bottles recommendations and i was told by an experienced hydro grower that you should start off at 500 ppm (TDS) taking into account that 300 of that is the tape waters natural ppm and gradually work your way up week by week to 900 ppm (TDS) if need be and so far that has worked for me alot better than following what they say to do on the back of there bottles and are you shore bro that you didnt miss read it when they said on there chart to start off at 1000 to 15000 ppm for young plants coz if i were to do that i might as well throw them in a frying pan and fry them like a fryed egg coz with a ppm that high that is exactually what would happen to them dude!!! however i did throw a little more food in there today which brought it up to 550 ppm as i did think just like yourself that maybe they are just a little hungry which im hopeing is the problem!!! i appreciate you even taking the time out to look on the website for me today mister and helping me out so thanks oldman for that as that was real kind of you!!!

That link I posted should take you to the chart and instructions I was referring to.
A little more food should make them happy. Good luck and thanks for the reps.

hey old man your right they do suggest in the chart to have your ppm at 1000 - 1500 for young plants which i think is way too high and i wouldn't even give that to mature plants let alone young ones!!

your also right with them saying to add the nutes first and then ph which is what i've always done coz the nutes will lower the ph level in your res which does contradict what they say on the back of the bottle coz strangly enough it does say to ph the water to your desired level first and then add the nutes which i couldn't get my head around coz it doesn't make sence to do that!!

anyway i spoke to a couple of people in 2 different grow shops today and i explained my problem and they both said that house and gardens root excelurator was to blame coz i should of only given them 0.1 ml per liter of water for the first 2 weeks and then uped it to 0.3 ml and because i gave them 0.3 ml per liter of water straight away that that is the reason why some of my leaf tips were scorched and burnt which is what i suggested in one my previous post's and they said that the root excelurator overdose is the reason why i have my plant deficiencies which i wern't shore whether that was the case or not but i did also suggest that in one of my earlier post so it looks like i've found the root of the problem now and all i have to do is rectify my plants deficiencies which im pretty shore is a magnesium one with a touch of nitrogen so for anyone that reads this and is gonna be using HOUSE AND GARDENS ROOT EXCELURATOR for the first time then dont do what it says on the bottle to use 0.3 ml per liter or water until 2 weeks after planting them!!!

once again thanks for all your help oldman and i wish you the best with your future grows!!

Back
Top Bottom