Pics of my unhappy seedlings -help please!

Flower Child

I have 2 week old seedlings that have stopped growing and are turning yellow and brown.
They are in Light Warrior soil and have been watered about every 5 days.
They have been under a 400 metal halide light at 4 feet since day 2.
I haven't fed them anything yet- are they hungry? I fed my last batch of seedlings and they all died so I m leary about feeding these babies.
Heres this mornings pictures:
IMG_20130414_180702.jpg
too happy
IMG_20130415_074013.jpg
too sad
IMG_20130415_073902.jpg
worst leaf
IMG_20130414_173346.jpg
all of them
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated as I am kind of panicking over how they look.
Thanks,
Flower Child:Namaste:

over water? Any nutes all ready? Did u make any soil ammendments prior to or after planting? Did you pretreat with some type of innoculants? Is soil fresh or recycled? many, many possibiliteis only u know what U did or didn't? Is enviroment steady?

Hi Goathead,
Thanks for taking a look at them.
I don't think its overwatering as I wait till their pots are really dry. The soil is brand new FF Light Warrior and I've not added anything to it. Temps in the tent are 66-68 when lights off and 78 to 81 when on. Humidity levels are around 40-60. There is a gentle fan blowing above their heads and they are on a 18-6 light schedule. They are THC Bomb and Pineapple Chunk. Should I try feeding them a bit? I am a novice and these plants have me stumped!
Thanks,
Flower Child

U should have them under 24 hours now no dark periods now as always sat if UR stems r purple or have sot of a peppermint strip on them it's a deficiency use cal-mag keep lights on an in about a week or so watch the purp start to lighten an they will shoot

Just taken a look at the light warrior compost which is suitable for seed germination & transplanting which is has many benifical microbes etc to bolster root growth & such... but has no nutrients.

It does suggest after the 5th day of seedling germinating that feeding should begin... i would suggest using a 1/4 to 1/2 strenght rate of application of nutrients suitable for vegging for the next few weeks.

Heres a copy 'n' paste extract from their website :thumb:

Light Warrior® is the ultimate grow medium for seed starting and transplanting. And it isn’t just a grow medium—we pack it with beneficial microbes to stimulate root growth and enhance fertilizer uptake, humic acid to help in seed germination, and earthworm castings to help plants thrive.

Light Warrior® is the perfect fast-draining, lightweight seed germinator for your indoor jungle.

Garden tip: Moisten Light Warrior® before you plant and allow it to drain. Never let indoor plants sit in water. Start feeding plants within five days of planting or germination.

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the help. I thought that the plants lived off their cotyledons for the first 3 weeks. Boy was I wrong! I fed them a 1/4 strength feeding like Fuzzy Duck suggested and in only 2 days they have recovered their green color and have grown new leaves!
Thanks and happy growing.:thanks:

You will more likely get away with feeding once a week at present with a 1/4 strenght application of nutrients for the next couple of weeks.

Once they have started form a few nodes move up to 1/2 strenght nutrients for another couple of weeks.

If suffering with pale green leafs (more likely nitrogen def) any time between feedings whilst in veg they may require feeding twice a week at present application rate or might be a good sign to up nutrient application to support good plant growth :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom