Pimpin is Back..and needs help

PimpinJohozafax

Well, i dont think anyone remembers me...but i guess that besides the point. A lot of you really helped me out in my first 3 grows, it would of been practically impossible to get the quality of bud i got out of the lack of expierence i had....thanks to all that helped....i dont know if the link shows up anymore...havent been growing and havent been on in a while....the link in my signature is all three of my grows i belive.

enough of the bull shit..my first grows i used a home made made reflector and home depot bought CFLs and a 150 HPS i bought from Home depot with a internal ballast.

FOR THE GROW I WANT TO START IN THE NEXT MONTH, I WANT TO USE A 250 OR 400 WATT SUNSYTEM HPS AND MH. IVE BEEN READING UP CNVERSION SYSTEMS AND BULBS.

THIS IS MY PROBLEM I DONT KNOW WHERE THE DIFFERENCE LIES BETWEEN BUYING A REGUALR MH SYSTEM AND BUYING A CONVERSION HPS BULB OR VISE VERSA. SOMEWHERE I READ THERE IS NEED FOR A BASE UP APPLICATION BECAUSE CONVERSION BULBS DONT WORK ON HORIZONTAL SYSTEMS......WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

can i use this method ^^^^^i think it will come out a lot cheaper???

OR DO I NEED TO ACTUALLY BUY A CONVERSION SYSTEM WHERE BOTH BULBS HAVE SEPERATE BALLASTS.

PLEASE HELP
THANKS
SMOKE ON

-pimpin

HPS and Conversion lamps are Universal in burning position, will work in any postion.
Look for the "Burning Position" on the lamp.
U = universal
H = horizontal
BU = base up, vertical

couple ways to go:
Buy a "two way" ballast that has a selector switch so you can select HPS or MH

Buy a conversion lamp, MH to HPS or HPS to MH

If you have got the money, get a switchable ballast (MH/HPS) in either 250w or 400w and the corresponding wattage bulbs to go with it. Conversion lamps are not as efficient as using a ballast matched to the bulb you are using, and with the switchable you get the best of both worlds.

I have a Sunleaves Mini-Pulsar MH/HPS 400w system. This is a one unit system with ballast and reflector housed in one hanging unit. Overall it is a great set-up, heres what I think of it...

Pros- Saves space. Is very bright and durable. Switchable from MH to HPS. Not too expensive compared to other systems of the same quality. Will get the job done from start to finish.

Cons- HEAVY weight. Gets hot, ventilation is a must. No room for expansion, ie. you can't take the reflector off this unit and add it to another higher power ballast to create a new set-up. Safety lens sold seperate (must have IMO).

thank you guys, i appreciate the help. Well see what happens let me go back to the hometown for a couple weeks, and come back and start my grow. I think im going to go with a strand of kush, its my cali instincs....i love fckin KUSH. probably OG, maybe master.....thanks again

Back
Top Bottom