Pineapple Chunk

trikeman

hi
can anyone advise me on the best feed for barneys pineapple chunk grown with bubbly hydroponics and 2 250w cfls also i have been offered used water from fish tanks from a fish breeder been told can feed plants with this.can anyone tell me if this is true.
thanks
:morenutes:

I'm an organic soil grower so can't help with hydro question. Fishtank water could be used *if* the fish breeder is using NO chems...good luck finding one of those. Known carcinogens are stiLl used in the hobby, though a. Couple of the worst have been pulled from market. Tank water is going to vary greatly in the nutrients it provides depending on the diet of the tank inhabitants, care and condition of the tank, etc. IMO, you're better off with commercial products especially if you're new to growing. HTH

If your doing DWC and are not used to nutes try General Hydroponics 3 part flora series. Easy to use and cheap. Just make sure you mix every part before you add the next.

Some Hydro info
Deep Water Culture - DWC

Hydroponic Gardening

WillyB

dwc nutes ? dont know what they mean my set up consists pot in a pot bubbly system with 2 250w cfls in a 1sq metre

another thing about fish tank water to consider is that most fish produce high amounts of ammonia in their waste which is not good for the plants. there are some breeds that are low ammonia producers most notable guppies. which if used can be used in a guppieponic system, which is a hydro system that uses guppies as a source of nutrients in a hydro setup. In order to get the type of system to work you need a well established guppie community that is back supported by the right microbs working to convert their waste to a more useable form. Long story short its best to have a back ground in biology.

Back
Top Bottom