Pineapple Chunk stuck

Dave Groomer

Hey all. I have a Barney's Pineapple Chunk that seems to be stuck for the last 4 or 5 days just barely popped up from the soil. The Cali Jack that was potted at the same time is doing great. Should I be concerned? You can see the journal in my signature. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Pineapple Chunk

20150222_064903_resized.jpg

Cali Jack

20150220_072547_resized.jpg

Started same day.

The soil looks really wet in the picture, if this is how you're normally watering, let the soil dry out a little more between waterings. When young seedlings emerge, I've had great results by keeping the soil moist, but never wet, or dripping. Once the plant becomes a little more established, I resume with normal watering schedule, by allowing the soil to dry out between waterings, then watering until I have about 10% runoff.

The soil looks really wet in the picture, if this is how you're normally watering, let the soil dry out a little more between waterings. When young seedlings emerge, I've had great results by keeping the soil moist, but never wet, or dripping. Once the plant becomes a little more established, I resume with normal watering schedule, by allowing the soil to dry out between waterings, then watering until I have about 10% runoff.

Thanks, but that was just after a watering. Not the norm. I gently dug down and the seed had NO roots other then the tap root. It did not look health. I put another seed in to germinate.

Any nutes in the soil? at that age, just a single taproot is pretty normal.

It was 6 days since putting them in soil after germinating. The CJ is thriving. The PC popped and went no where. Soil is the same as I have been using. 1 part FFOF 1 part PROMIX BX and 1 part perlite. No extra nutes (I learned my lesson on my first grow with that ;))

I really think it was a troubled seed. I will pop another and move on.

Alright man, and that Cali Jack kicked serious ass for me.

I grew in plain soil with perlite, 6 gal pot, used 3 part nutes, with 14 CFL bulbs at a total of 361 watts (was 383 but one of my 45 watt bulbs had to be replaced with a 23).

I FIM'ed it, and used LST and she gave me a little over 2 ounces. I have another to grow still that I'm really looking forward to :)

2014-09-11_07-38-40_82.jpg

Back
Top Bottom