Pistils turned brown in pre flower

guerrillabalconygrower

Growing an Auto-flower, age about 6 weeks. Yesterday I saw the first signs of pre-flower with white pistils sticking out but they immediately turned brown today. (See before and after pics)
The plant is growing in a well draining, potting soil mix, in natural sunlight (approx 11-12 hrs a day) and on organic nutrients only.
I noticed that during LST, I may have damaged the main branch slightly. Could this browning be because of the stress? Can I expect to recover from this? What precautions should I take? It’s my only survivor plant after rodents destroyed 3 others of mine. I want to take this to harvest, no matter what the yield :)

5ABAF0F3-B1DA-48B1-B3D0-DEFEEB8857A3.jpeg

ADE64B1E-306C-446B-8C0A-5CB0D4449DD2.jpeg

Not sure. Could be a variety of things. That middle node of the first Pic, the preflower looks male. Check it out. Could just be the angle but if there is pollen around it can explain the browning.
Thanks for the tip. Checked it. I believe it’s mostly the angle. In fact, I think it’s another potential female bud site with brown pistils sticking out ever so slightly (will know more in a couple of days).
Just wondering if browning pre flower pistils is a common occurrence.

Hmm I would say it isnt common and something is up. Hope you find your issue. Is your humidity high or are the plants, especially the preflowers wet ever? Or have you sprayed them with anything?
I figured out from another thread that I’ve criminally overwatered my plants. Will let them dry out and see if they recover. Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom