Planning a trip. to the 'dam

D

Dank420

Well I ended up dropping some classes this semester due to my stupid ass thinking I could handle what I set up for my self...

My original plan for this summer was to get a job, and use that job to pay for whatever shit I'm gonna next for the next school year. However, I'm only taking 4 classes right now, and since I got some extra time, I figured I should pick up a job now, I mean why not? So, if I can get a job within the next few weeks, I should be able to save up a good ammount of cash for a kick ass summer vacation. My original plan was to head down to florida for vacation this summer, but I figured I might as well kick it in Amsterdam if I can get the cash, right?

So, this question is for anyone that has ever planned a trip to Amsterdam:
When did you go to Amsterdam, and what do you figure was the total cost of the trip per person?

Thats awsome, I really want to go to Amsterdam after I finish school and save some money up.

I was there last summer for a week with 3 other friends, and we each spent around 1200 dollars. But we also bought 126.8 grams of weed and 10 grams of hash.

dvs8448 said:
I was there last summer for a week with 3 other friends, and we each spent around 1200 dollars. But we also bought 126.8 grams of weed and 10 grams of hash.

God damn! That ain't bad at all...

...Me and my friends are saving up money for our Amsterdam trip next year... Instead of going to prom, we're going to Amsterdam... damn straight... :Rasta:

Ive been to Amsterdam a bunch of times, and I'm a "poor college student". The cheapness of your trip depends on the person of course. If you want to go as cheaply as possible, you'll want to stay in HOSTELS, NOT HOTELS. A Hostel is a dorm style, european trekers lodge, so to speak. THey cokme in a variety, offering 24 bedded rooms, 12 bedded rooms, 6 beded roooms, 4 and 2. The 24 dorms usualy cost 10 euro, the 12 bed would probably run you 15, and the rest 20 or above. Hotels are incredibly expensive.
If you are planning on spending a week in amsterdam, figure in 25 bucks a night for loding, about 20 bucks a day for food, and the rest is gravy. Lets say if you can muster up 500 bucks, and get your plane ticket through www.studentuniverse.com or www.statravel.com, book in advance for the FLYING PIG HOSTEL (If you are into the party scene) or the VONDELPARK HOSTEL (An extremely nice hostel, but not as party friendly as the FLYING PIG). DO a asearch on google for those two, I HIGHLY recomend both.
THe FLYING PIG is party central. The place is located in the heart of the club scene, and they offer some pretty decent digs compared to other hostels ive stayed in. They also ahve a dvd room downstairs where you can hit the bong and veg out on their constantly playing DVD movies (alomst like a movie room). Smoking is welcomed.
On the other side of town is the VONDELPARK hostel. This place is almost like a hotel. THe rooms all have their own bathrooms and shower (very rare for hostel rooms which usualy have a communal shower) and the upkeep is EXTREMELY nice. I would stay here over the flying pig just because its thats nice, even thoghh smoking isnt allowed. I still did it by opening a window and covering the smoke alarm with a zip lock baggie. But if you are just looking to party harty, FLYING PIG is the shit.
So 500 bucks should cover air fare (although summer time might be a bit more, like 600. SUmmer is the most expensive time to go). THen lets say you'll sopend 1 week there? Figure 30-40 a day for lodging, 20-30 a day for food?
Hope that helps. Post here any more quetions, ill be happy to answer them.
Im going to Europe (and amsterdam fo course) with my GF in December. We were SUPPOSED to go for a month, but with our jobs, we might only be able to get away with a week or two. NO matter. We will spend new years in Paris, then on to Amsterdam, and possibly a bit of Germany. Italy and beyond if we have a month.
Oh, and if have the bucks, the BEST< MOST PIMP PLACE TO STAY in Amsterdam, s called "The Crown Plaza Hotel Amsterdam". Oh man, lush and pimp to the max. I LOVE this place. SWEET location too. Every good coffeeshop within walking distance.
-PM

Wow man, thanks a lot for all this info! I'm probably going to end up going early august. If not that we'll go during my winter vacation, early December maybe. My friend said he's gonna need some time before he can gather the funds.

I'm gonna save this in a text file and refer back to it when I need it. ;) Thanks a lot man!

I have a question...I heard its cheaper to fly to an airport somewhere far away from amsterdam and then take a bus or train or something because its cheaper. Is this true, what should I do?

Back
Top Bottom