For those who have been or are going to Amsterdam

ShadyLady

This thread is for those people who have been, stayed, or plan to go and stay in Amsterdam:

Where did you stay, how would you rate it? what did you do? where did you go?

The last time we went we stayed at the boatel in Amstel... it was very small and basic, very expensive, you couldn't smoke on board and we went to rastababy's which was pretty much ok, one of the cheaper places in Amsterdam although I didn't rate the music much!

This time we are going to a different place, one called greenhouse effect and I'll tell you about it more once I've been. We are planning a trip to the seaside whilst we are there, aswell as many other activities!

Re: Forthose who have been or are going to Amsterdam

My advise won't be too helpful only because it's been about 35 years since I've been there. But I had to jump in any conversation about Amsterdam. I stayed at the Youth Hostel and aside from the dormatory conditions, kicked butt. To show just how long ago, I paid $3.50 a night and that included a breakfast that you could make a lunch of.

This is before the smoking places, but weed use was simply ignored. The only place really legal was the Paradisio Club, but they sold dope in there. I did a few tours of the Heineken Brewery which also had munchies, and spent a lot of time at the Rijksmuseum. I envy you.

Re: Forthose who have been or are going to Amsterdam

I go every year, at least once every year... just thought I'd ask around for some info on what you out there did, where you stayed and what you thought!

Back
Top Bottom