Plant Growth Condition Tracking Chart

BillZ

Just an idea being passed along. It's not rocket science but rocket scientist and professional growers do it. It's all done using the KISS method of keeping it simple stupid.

You can use a simple spreadsheet and create what I'm calling a Plant Growth Tracking Chart to track each individual plant you are growing whether the plants are in the Veg state or Flowering. I'm putting it here as the Veg state after the seeds pop the soil surface is where a problems will first arise especially for new growers.

You all know what a chart looks like using a spreadsheet; rows are horizontal across the page while columns are vertical up and down the page. Anyway I label individual plants with a alpha numeric system which identifies which plant it is by seed variety source. This can be done whether one is using differing bag seeds or purchases specific brand or variety seeds or clones. In column 1 the first column on the left side I will list each individual plant number. I do it this way because problems really don't just suddenly appear they show symptoms and develop the overall condition over a series of days. An over watered plant's first symptom is the leaves droop, next it will start to yellow, then brown and finally lock out happens.

The other thing about numbering your plants to track it is very beneficial as when my plants get to the 6th week I will take the first clone cuttings. I do this not to grow more plants but to put the first cone cuttings in the flowering state to identify the sex of each individual plant and this way even if I'm partaking of previously grown plants I won't screw it up. Hey, anyone forget to turn the fan back on after turning it off when first opening your tent to check on your plants one time only the next day when you open your tent your plants are wilting cause you forgot to turn the fan back on before closing the tent. Remember stuff happens even to the best grower. This is just a simple example but you all can get the idea. I do one page for each month of the plant growth cycle. KISS...

GROWTH TRACKING CHART

Plant 9/1 9/2 9/3 9/4 9/5 9/6

A1 DL/OW
A2 OK
A3 LB
A4 OK
A5 OK
A6 OK
A7 DL
A8 MGD
A9 OK
A10 ND