Nitrogen or Sulfur deficiency?

HaHend

Hi,

my plants have plenty of yellow leafes.

What kind of deficiency do they seem to have?

I checked abuse charts and it looks either like a nitrogen or sulfur deficiency to me.

The leaf stems are purple.

Please check attached picture.

I hope you can help me.

Here a high res picture:

Hi Hahend and :welcome:
Can you give a little more information for the members...
Soil type or Hydro? What is your nutrient program, how often are you feeding. And what PH is your water at, temps in grow and RH.
That would help a lot in identifying what's going on for you. :)
Great that you checked the plant abuse chart!
Here's another if you hadn't read through this one too:

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Hopefully with the additional information you will get an answer...or some answers. :thumb:

Thanks for all the support so far!

Before moving my plants (were just in rockwool cubes previously) to the aero system I watered them by hand from the bottom with EC 1.0 and PH 5.7 once a day.

The plants are 90 days old now since they germinated from seed and went through some trouble, hence the long veg time.

But I plan on switching to flowering soon as most plants are ~50cm and bushy now. However I wanted to get rid of the deficiencies first.

I have a 120l reservoir for my aero system now, filled it up 9 days ago for the first time with EC 1.2 and water four times per day now.

I don't let the PH get higher than 6.0 in my reservoir and not lower than 5.5.

Increased the EC to 1.2 to give the plants more nutes and I have less yellow leafes now compared to 10 days ago but there are still some.

I use advanced nutrients 3 part, in 3-2-1. I also use RO water without calmag yet.

In addition to the yellow leaves I also have now many green leaves with tips curling upwards and turning brown.

These leafes are located on the bottom and middle of the plant but not the top part.

I assume this is a magnesium deficiency?

The yellow leaves however are only visible on the bottom of the plant.

I assume that I have to start using calmag to get rid of the magnesium deficiencies and adding nitrogen to get rid of the yellowing of the leafes?

Other data:

Temperature at canopy level: 25° C
Temperature at base ~ 21° C
Temperature during night: ~21° C
Humditiy: Between 35-50 % (Cold and dry winter air, I try to get the humidity up with several methods but this proves to be a hard task)
Runoff PH: 6.2
Runoff EC: 1.2

The rule of a thumb, if it starts at the bottom, it's a mobile nutrient (N, P or K). If it starts somewhere else, it's an immobile one (Ca, Mg etc.). The most common ones are usually deficiencies of N, P or K and for me it looks like you have a nitrogen problem. Don't know much about aero setup though as I'm a dirt/organic grower.

Back
Top Bottom