Plant is growing, but wierd....

GreenLeaves

So, ive had this Plant for about 2 months, after about 3 weeks and having leaves, my cat decides to eat every leaf on the plant off, leaving only stems.

at this point the plant was indoors, with Good lighting and all. but with the cat stalking around wanting to eat it... i decided to put it outside, it helped alot.

well like i said its been about 2 months and with the plant outdoors and all its sprouted up to about 2 foot? and very bushy... but only growing like single leaves on some of the stems/stalks throughout the entire plant, randomly though... idk why.. its wierd..

( i know it is female, has the pistils/hairs.. )

weed2.gif

AND---

weed.gif

/shrug.

EDIT: BETTER PICTURE, TAKEN 7/1/08 6PM

oh-nice.gif

---

i have a feeling this plant is gonna be hooooge o_O
i hope it buds nice!

It must have made quite a come back! It looks cool and stealthy, like bamboo. What did the original leaves look like? 5, 7 or 9 lobes each like norml?

it's getting bigger each day, the biggest set of leaves i saw was 7. some of the leaves growing in singles are as big as my hand. oh and the pistils/hairs on the main stalk are fat but red... i think that may be bad... any idea?

A good picture would help get a good answer.

it's dark out now, i'll try to get some in the AM, i think i have some of the plant when it was young...

i'll get back to you.

i recently harvested a plant and put it back in reveg for a second harvest, it too has these long reaching single leaves. it seems when a plant is cut back it tends to develop some of these, it is still growing regular leaves too though. pics are in my grow diary Flowering clones vs. regeneration

i wouldnt be to worried, the plant looks really healthy. lol, just try and keep your stoner cat away :ganjamon:

Magoman,hit the home run,If you have ever rooted flowering clones you will often have the same result,it takes almost no stress to convert a girl to a boy,your cat stressed the HELL out of that one,he is also right about the herm possibility,I had 3 lrge 3 month old sexed haze plants in a closet 24/7 tied into 2-3 sq ft shrubs,I pulled 1 the evening before they were to go into the greenhouse,that plant got about 24 hrs of partial darkness,3 days after they were in the greenhouse that plant sent out 6-8 bananas,(I don't have to explain a nana)so there you go.I hope the Magoo gods are with ya,hehe,lol

hey guys, updates on pictures and stuff.

this was the 6th of july around 2pm:

heeeyeyeweed232.jpg

----

weed211.jpg

this is when it was a few weeks to a month old, indoors under a 1x 9200lumins plant bulb and 2x 4ft t5 Flourescent bulbs:

dfdfdfdf.jpg

----

baby11.jpg

----

:roorrip:

Really healthy looking. It looks like your love and care will pay off. :)

The pictures of the smaller plant were past pictures of the same plant before your cat ate it, correct?

If so, the theroy that the plant was flowering and then re-vegged is exactly what happened. The pictures of it when it was small clearly shows female pistils. This means more good news, because your plant is definatly female and when you flower it now you will have a monster plant that will yeild much more then if it had completed flowering in it's initial smaller stature. I would flower soon as the plant looks like it is certainly big enough.

Your cat almost did you a favor! :peace:

yes, the small picture is the young version of the big plant.

to be honest this is my first fully grow plant and im not sure on when and what is needed to "BUD" the plant. should i just keep it outdoors or bring it inside? i have a 100W HPS Light, some 4FT Long T5 Flourescent lights and a 9200Lumens Daylight Energy saving light? is there a timer on lighting or 12/12 or 14/7? for budding?

help me out.

If you keep the plant outside, you will have to wait for the days to become shorter before the plant will flower naturally. A minimum of 12 hours of darkness per day is required to induce flowering in cannabis plants.

If you move the plant inside, you can induce flowering whenever you wish using a 12/12 light/dark schedule. You can use a timer on the HPS to accomplish this, but you cannot use one on the floros.

Most strains will show their sex, either male or female, within one week of the 12/12 light/dark schedule. Most strains will finish flowering at around 60 days from the start of the 12/12 schedule, but this is highly variable.

However, your plant has gotten pretty big. If you wait until the days get shorter the plant could be a monster by then and will need almost direct sunlight during daylight hours to flower to it's full potential. In addition, a 100w HPS would be quite inadequate for a plant this size. The floros. will only put additional blue light into the spectrum and will not help much during the flowering process. The red/orange spectrum of the HPS is much better suited to this task. I would suggest a 250w HPS system for a single plant this size. If this cannot be had, I would simply use the 100w HPS only and see what happens. This is after all your first grow.

In addition to lighting one should consider a flowering fertilizer. Fertilizers high in Phosphorus (second number in the N-P-K ratio) are suitible for flowering growth. These can be as specific as the popular brand Fox Farms "Big Bloom" or "Tiger Bloom", or as simple as some organic tomato fertilizer found at your local garden store. :peace:

Note that fluorescents can be triggered with a mechanical (not digital) timer. Click on, click off; it's just a switch. I use one w/ CFLs on my tomato's flowering clone (sorry non-420 related =). They cost about $5-6 I think.

Re: Plant is growing, but wierd.... ( july 13 UPDATE : pics )

hello!

so like i said before, i'd be keeping everyone that is interested and has been helping informed on the status of the plant, well its getting bigger and bigger each day, i think its grown 5-6 inches in like 3 days. its looking healthier each day.

Pictures:

- - :yummy:- -

DSC05781.jpg

DSC05774.jpg

DSC05782.jpg

DSC05771.jpg

i wanna bud it so bad, i was watching the news... some cop around my area got busted growing a plant on his back porch.....o_O; i wanna bring it indoors and set it up to Flower... but i am scared it might [croak].

Bring it indoors, it won't "croak". The plant is getting bigger and literally outgrowing the capacity of the lights you have to ever be able to bring it indoors.

Just put it on a 12/12 schedule under the 100w HPS and see what happens. :peace:

i was talking to my friend today and his step dad has a few H.P.S. lamps that are like 400W or so, i'm thinking about asking him to loan me one for 2 months for some of the outcome.

so the plant is still outside, my sketch and worries are fading but i'm still cautious. the plant is now growing over top of the railing on my back porch. i re-planted it 2 days ago from a 3 gallon glass planter to a 5 Gallon bucket, had no troubles plant is still healthy.

pics:

qq3.jpg

--

qq2.jpg

--

qq1.jpg

Thanks!:ganjamon:

Good job on the transplant. I think your in it for the long haul outside now though. Unless you get some more powerful lights you'd be better off letting it flower outdoors once the times change. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom