Plant rescue - Need a little help

killacam88

Hello All,
So had a friend that moved and basically abandoned them. Knowing I had grown before he asked me to go and get them. He didn't keep any kind of log nor did he know how old they were. This when I first got her:

IMG_20150819_110843.jpg

A week after I had the plant it started showing signs of pre flowering. I then removed some of the lover fan leaves to help ad growth. After my 2nd full week this is what she is at:

2015090595141129.jpg

2015090595141158.jpg

2015090595141231.jpg

I still feel like its a little behind on growth and its not going to yeild as much. What can i do to bust her bud growth?

Doesn't look too bad from here. And if it's a good strain you're off to a good start. Being outside just be sure she doesn't get too hot. Believe it or not, cannabis doesn't do well much above 78° F. YMMV. As for busting the buds, you need to give her a little boost of Phosphorous...and by little I mean, don't go overboard. Introduce it slowly but you need to use a nute mix with a higher P and K (potassium) and a little less N (nitrogen). Lots of sunshine but no more than 12 hours daily, and only water as needed. Being outside that will be more frequent than an indoor grow but just keep your eyes on the plant and she'll probably tell you what she needs and when.

From the picture of when you first got her I'd guess she's about 5-6 weeks old in that photo, maybe a little older. And don't forget with the nutes, less is more.

Thank you for the reply. I just added a little less phosphorus then called for in my plant today. She has grown a lot since I get her. Just wanted to be sure I'm on the right Plath. I did a little research on ferts. today and went to pick up something with just a bit more phosphorus. I will keep updating after the phosphorus add.

IMG_20150916_153655.jpg
IMG_20150916_153638.jpg

This is where she is at now... 9 weeks old, 4 weeks into flowering. I took the advice and started adding a fert. with more Phosphate.

When flowering what is the Max % phosphate can you use? I was looking at getting Grotek' Monster Bloom which is 0-50-30. Is that to much?

This is where she is at now... 9 weeks old, 4 weeks into flowering. I took the advice and started adding a fert. with more Phosphate.

When flowering what is the Max % phosphate can you use? I was looking at getting Grotek' Monster Bloom which is 0-50-30. Is that to much?

Looks great. That frosty look is what are called trichomes, and that's what you're after. Lots and lots of trichomes. I'm also amazed at the lack of bugs on an outdoor plant. Course I'm in a subtropical area so that's a real problem growing outdoors down here. We have cock roaches so big, the other night one of them jumped into my bed and threw a leg over me....Bada Bing!

As for the ferts, during flowering, which your's is doing right now, the plant will need more phosphorous, the (P) of the NPK numbers on your fertilizer. The Monster Bloom you purchased is okay, but just please go lightly with it. The bottle may have instructions like 1 tbsp or 1 tsp per gallon. But believe me on this, with today's soluble fertilizers, less is always more. So I'd add about 1/8 to 1/4 tsp (that's tea spoon, the little one) to a gallon of your next watering. Then watch what the plant does over the next 3-4 days or until it's watering time again. Then you probably want to apply again every other watering, but being an outdoor plant you might want to think that one through. Outdoor plants will always need more water thus they will wash away nutes too. But I cannot stress enough, don't use too much of anything at this stage. When the plant starts talking to you about what you just feed it you can make your conclusions from there. Be patient.

On one of my very first grows, I naively followed the instructions on the bottle and gave some young plants just starting to flower a full dose of nutes. Everything was fine but in about 2-3 days the plants were showing all kinds of distress from that dosage.

Thank you OlderStoner! Great info. An I meant phosphorus not phosphate. Our bugs are not that bad here at all. I have read some threads that people have posted with pest problems and I'm very lucky to not have to deal with that. I am very happy with the path I am on with this girl. When i got this plant very little was know about it. So i feel like i have done good on getting her in a little better shape. As for the nutes, in the past i have always started off slow and worked up to what the container actually calls for. This time i am going to stick with what you are saying at about 1/8 to a 1/4 tsp. Thank you again for the comment and help.

OK so I'm in the middle of week 4. Its about 2'1" tall and the buds are really starting to grow together now. The trichomes Are turning more of a frosty white now. I have now started using the monster bloom every other watering. I just don't feel like the buds are as think and abundant as they should be at this point. Is she on the right track am i worrying to much?

IMG_20150923_135123.jpg

IMG_20150923_135138.jpg

Looking good for four weeks into flowering. You've still got another 4-5 weeks (from the date of your post 9/23) which will put you at about the 3rd week of October to harvest, give it a week to dry and cure and you'll be toking on Halloween. Don't worry and just be patient. There will always be photos of growers showing off their monster sized plants and that's the exception rather than the rule. You're doing just fine with this plant. And remember, whatever your plant tells you is what you need to do. When the white hairs in the buds start turning reddish brown, and the trichomes get milky or amber, she's ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom