Plants growing 3 leaves now

hey1

Hey,

My plants are growing strong and the color is deep green. The seeds I used were Diesel Elvis #5 which I don't know anything about. My plants were growing 5 and 7 leaves and now they are sprouting 3 leaves. Has anyone heard of this before? Are they getting too much or too little of something? Should I be concerned? Thanks.

Hey,

My plants are growing strong and the color is deep green. The seeds I used were Diesel Elvis #5 which I don't know anything about. My plants were growing 5 and 7 leaves and now they are sprouting 3 leaves. Has anyone heard of this before? Are they getting too much or too little of something? Should I be concerned? Thanks.

I had a few of my clones do the same thing. Are yours clones? I didn't have a problem with mine. When they grew taller, the new growth had more leaves.

Stress is the main cause of this phenomenon; could be many many causes including light cycle, watering, feeding, fresh air, etc.

If it is stress from now on be aware that they might hermy and get seeded, watch for male parts everyday!>)

I started them from seeds. They are not clones. They are already 5 feet tall and are all females. So this might be a sign that they are stress out and might start showing male tendencies?

No, they are not flowering. They are in the vegetative stage. I had to move them to a different location with less sun for a few days due to security reason. Then I moved them to a different location with direct sun for about 5 hours then ambient light after that but RIGHT NOW IT'S RAINING. DAMN IT WITH ALL THIS RAIN. I can't give them the nitrogen that they need.

No, they are not flowering. They are in the vegetative stage. I had to move them to a different location with less sun for a few days due to security reason. Then I moved them to a different location with direct sun for about 5 hours then ambient light after that but RIGHT NOW IT'S RAINING. DAMN IT WITH ALL THIS RAIN. I can't give them the nitrogen that they need.

What do you mean by single leaves?

Sorry, 1st timer grower. I'm trying not to panic here. What should I do?

I noticed,
how you know they are female?
You don't till they produce buds, for sure.
Took me 20 years to learn to sex before flowering :cheesygrinsmiley:
Keep your N high until you know the sex without a doubt.

What do I mean by High,
no idea what kind of soil you use so I can't give you an exact number.
I use a 12-6-12 NPK fert.

I hate to break it to you but rain water is very high in N :cheesygrinsmiley:

The soil I used is regular potting soil from Walmart but I mixed it with perlite, vermiculite and sphaghum peat moss to make my own version of Pro-mix Peat Moss. Couldn't afford to buy the Pro-mix. I feed them with Jacks classic all purpose 20-20-20, Supernova 1-1-1, Alaska fish fertiziler 5-1-1, black strap molasses, Miracle gro organic choice plant food 8-0-0. I have to pick up some kelp. They have already went through the preflower stage about 3-5 weeks ago. I got rid of all the males that showed.

wow! sounds like ya got a lot going on. i do know that mircle gro doesnt do well with cannabis. the 20-20-20 should be just fine for the already mature plants. you want a high P number for flowering. i dont think moving from direct light to ambient light is good. this may stress them out due to lack of light from what they are used to.

Thanks to all. I think I stressed them out by moving them too many times. Will keep an extra eye on them. Hope it stops raining for at least a week so I can give them nutrients. Keep safe everyone!

/\Yep that could do it, moving out of sun, then to brighter sun.>)

But like has been said ya won't know for sure till they start putting on pre flowers:>)

Back
Top Bottom