Plants per square foot?

Wikkid Pissa

I'm a newbie and I'm just trying to get my footing.
Is there any hard fast rule to go by in Veg? In Bloom?
I've seen everything from 1 plant in 3square to a dozen or so in 1 square foot.

Is it dependent on the strain? Are there any other contributing factors to making the decision?

Strain: I'm going to be general and say Indica. A species instead of a strain, I know but I haven't really narrowed it down past that yet.
Growing method: Ebb and flow system
length of time in veg: this is a WAG. I've never grown before. I suppose it depends on the the exact strain. But, as soon as it is mature enough to go to bloom it will.
Pot size: the system I'm looking at trying has 5 gallon buckets

I'm going to tie this in to lighting, I swear. :D All of these decisions on spacing will kind of determine how I arrange the plants in the space I have and consequently how I set up my lighting.
For the record I plan on trying LED lighting. Dorm Grow is the front runner right now.

Right now I have an open floor plan; 10x15 with sloped ceilings. One side to 6' the other to a 46" knee-wall. I've got a few ideas on how to split up the space. All of it is based on guesswork.
I've got a couple of floor plans penned so far.
By my state's Medical Marijuana laws I will be allowed 12 mature plants and 12 seedlings. If I become a caregiver as well as a patient I'll be allowed double that. That is my max. I have no designs to be going over that number. I'd probably start out with less than my max for my first few grows. I tried keeping this all in mind when trying to set up a floor plan

One has two 5 ft rooms 15 ft wide. the first room is a work room with a 3x5 closet for mother and clones (could I veg in there too?). the second room I envisioned two rows of plants on the side with the taller​

The other has a 10 x10 room for bloom and two smaller rooms for veg and workspace​

Thanks for bringing up new points for me to think about. I appreciate it.

Since there is so much more that I need to discuss and answer; I'd like to ask that a moderator move this thread to Cabinet, Closet, & Grow Room Setup? It seems like a more appropriate forum for the questions I have.
Thanks

Since you are new there is a good chance that your first grow won't be as productive as a more experienced grower. Why not start w/ 6 - 5 gal buckets and a couple of LEDs ... also consider using autoflowering plants so you won't need to mess w/ light cycles ... best of luck ...

Hi Chester,

I want to plan for the most I can grow legally. That said, it is more than likely I'll buy the 12 setup and start with 6 for my first(if not my first few grow cycles). I can always add more as my experience/comfort level increases. I just want to set it up right, once. Or, at least as close to right as I can make it right now. I do have a good mentor in my area that I can lean on. He will be sick of me before too long I'm sure. :D

Back
Top Bottom