Please diagnose my plants and give some advice?

Strykr

My plants are 18 days old ( germination into soil) and seem to be growing pretty slow. This is my first grow so there's a lot I need to learn and would love some insight.

My plants seemed to be doing well besides the slow growth that I attribute to cold when I didn't have my setup right. Then the first set of true leaves started curling upwards and becoming yellow and "Leathery".

I think the soil I am using has no nutrients because its some a friend used and dumped into my garden last season and i tilled it then decided to use it again.

My grow:
Lighting: 300w (3wx100) apollo multispectrem LED
Box: 2 40 gal rubbermaids
Temps: Steady 77-80F
Humidity: 16-20% ( Needs to be higher?)
PH: 7.0 (Walmart Test kit)

My main question is my heat increased to 85 degrees that night and I also used regular tap water for watering the night before this happened. Would heat stress or the change in water ph hurt a plant this much overnight?
The bottom sets in the picture are pretty much shot now but the rest of the plant looks fine.

Should I just start giving nutes and see if it starts looking better?

10917749_10202694055066702_740294870_n.jpg

10927920_10202694055026701_292686796_n.jpg

re: Please diagnose my plants and give some advice?

Take a look at my garden. I grow from seed alot and breed as well. Here's my recommendations

Get the rh up to 75%ish for veg.
No nutrients till its more established unless you use a seedling, clone nutrient like clonex
85f is fine I keep mine around 75-80
Ph in water should be around 6.5

Could the low humidity be the cause of my lower leaves dying? It's only happened on 2 of my 4 plants.

Would it hurt my plants to give nutes now? I checked my phosphorus and its very low. I guess I ended up getting some terrible soil from my back yard.

'I really appreciate the response.

I'd advise against nutrients still at this point. But when you do start at 1/4 strength and go from there.

I checked my phosphorus and its very low.

How did you check the Phosphorus level in your soil? As a seedling, it really doesn't need much in the way of P or K. Have they been in that solo cup for the entire 18 days? How often have you watered and does it have drain holes?

I would get a humidifier in there too. You can pick one up at Wally World for about $30.

Back
Top Bottom