Please enlighten me!

gboyce1220

Hello growers!!!!

So a total Newb to the max here. Just wanted to say that i'm super stoked to be "rubbin elbows" with sum of the best growers in the world!!!
If it wasn't for you folks spreading knowledge......where would i be at?

So i know there's rules to this thing and certain protocols for questions/posts.
So i hope that i'm on the right thread. If not send me on my way.

I just kicked off my first grow and plan on attempting a journal asap. I germinated 2 seeds (cosmic glue) and both popped. One sooner than the other by about 12 hrs. I put them both in RR and into dome. The first born broke ground and stretched like hell.
420-magazine-mobile1543227636.jpg

But she won't show her leaves????

The runt broke ground and already showed hers.

What gives? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hey there gboyce
I wish you the best in your first grow. Was not able to see your pic dude. Don't get me wrong but has the seed droped off the leaf, it may be caped on maybe. But visuals would help I'm sure someone will be great help. Peace and love dude.

Hello growers!!!!

So a total Newb to the max here. Just wanted to say that i'm super stoked to be "rubbin elbows" with sum of the best growers in the world!!!
If it wasn't for you folks spreading knowledge......where would i be at?

So i know there's rules to this thing and certain protocols for questions/posts.
So i hope that i'm on the right thread. If not send me on my way.

I just kicked off my first grow and plan on attempting a journal asap. I germinated 2 seeds (cosmic glue) and both popped. One sooner than the other by about 12 hrs. I put them both in RR and into dome. The first born broke ground and stretched like hell.
420-magazine-mobile1543227636.jpg

But she won't show her leaves????

The runt broke ground and already showed hers.

What gives? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Do you see a coating (skin like, I don't know if there is a name for that) over those cotyledons? If your very careful you can peal it off and free them.
It's happened to me a few times. The seed will come off but that coating is still stuck.

Do you see a coating (skin like, I don't know if there is a name for that) over those cotyledons? If your very careful you can peal it off and free them.
It's happened to me a few times. The seed will come off but that coating is still stuck.
Hey MsSinful thanks for the help!!!

I looked real close and there's no shell or coating.
Almost looks like she's in a state of prayer like 2 hands held together.
If thats any help?

Happy growing Sinful!!!

Hey MsSinful thanks for the help!!!

I looked real close and there's no shell or coating.
Almost looks like she's in a state of prayer. like 2 hands held together.
If thats any help?

Happy growing Sinful!!!

Ok sweet, I was going to ask if you saw 2 cotyledons. If she's not stuck then maybe she's just perfectly content.

Ok sweet, I was going to ask if you saw 2 cotyledons. If she's not stuck then maybe she's just perfectly content.
Yeah there's 2 cotycotled for sure. They look healthy (green) to my newbie eyes.

It was her height without showing leaves yet that worried me. The other 1 is less than 1/2 her height and i can already see 4 leafs???

But like you said shes probably content and will show when she's ready.

Again thanks for the knowledge and will post if anything changes.

Yeah there's 2 cotycotled for sure. They look healthy (green) to my newbie eyes.

It was her height without showing leaves yet that worried me. The other 1 is less than 1/2 her height and i can already see 4 leafs???

But like you said shes probably content and will show when she's ready.

Again thanks for the knowledge and will post if anything changes.

You should start a grow journal. Find the browse tab then click on "the grow room" then "grow journals" then "grow journals in progress" and start your own thread that way you can keep track of everything your doing.. while you network with other grower either using the same set up or growing the same strain or just for knowledge. It's a great community.
Are you doing dwc? It's hard for me to help with the stretch because I grow in soil, totally different.
I think it might be common to see some seedling stretch while they are trying to get their roots wet... don't quote me on that though .haha.
They do look nice and green your right. Hurry up, start that grow journal . so I can tag along. I think I'm going to do just one plant in coco my next grow to get a hang of directly feeding it nutes.
Light what of lighting are you using?

You should start a grow journal. Find the browse tab then click on "the grow room" then "grow journals" then "grow journals in progress" and start your own thread that way you can keep track of everything your doing.. while you network with other grower either using the same set up or growing the same strain or just for knowledge. It's a great community.
Are you doing dwc? It's hard for me to help with the stretch because I grow in soil, totally different.
I think it might be common to see some seedling stretch while they are trying to get their roots wet... don't quote me on that though .haha.
They do look nice and green your right. Hurry up, start that grow journal . so I can tag along. I think I'm going to do just one plant in coco my next grow to get a hang of directly feeding it nutes.
Light what of lighting are you using?
Sorry took so long to answer sinful. I'm using 250w dual cfl. I def will start a journal soon. And when u start your coco i'll def tag along. I could use all the help i can get.
Happy growin sinful!!!

Sorry took so long to answer sinful. I'm using 250w dual cfl. I def will start a journal soon. And when u start your coco i'll def tag along. I could use all the help i can get.
Happy growin sinful!!!

She could be saying the light is too far away. CFLs don't really burn and you can get away with placing it really close. Also gently try to pull the two cotyledons apart a little, don't force it, just a little bit so she gets the point :laughtwo:
:love:

Back
Top Bottom