My new sprout wears a hat

Doctor Trevor

I started both Alice and Trixie (both fem Northern Light) just over a week ago. On Monday, Alice broke ground. I was ready to toss Trixie when I saw that she broke ground this morning. Under closer observation, I saw that she is wearing her seed hull like a hat.

Should I remove the hull so her leaves can open up? Or just let nature take its course?

Someone asked the same question several years ago. Her was told to let it go, but he never commented how it turned out.

A1-110521.jpg

T1-110521.jpg

I started both Alice and Trixie (both fem Northern Light) just over a week ago. On Monday, Alice broke ground. I was ready to toss Trixie when I saw that she broke ground this morning. Under closer observation, I saw that she is wearing her seed hull like a hat.

Should I remove the hull so her leaves can open up? Or just let nature take its course?

Someone asked the same question several years ago. Her was told to let it go, but he never commented how it turned out.

A1-110521.jpg

T1-110521.jpg

I had the same/similar situation not long ago. When I bumped it off it took the one of the cotyledon off and the sprout died. I would leave it as it is and let nature do it's thing.

I've give it another day, and if it's pretty much the same I would help it along GENTLY with a couple of tooth picks. CAREFULLY and gently pry the seed hull off with the tooth picks without pulling UP on the seedling. I've done this few times with success. Just take it nice and slow, the hull will come off. :thumb:

AzLaker
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom