Please help! Bottom and mid leaves turning yellow

HighFlyer007

Please help! Just as week 3 ended, I noticed some yellowing of the bottom leaves. I didn't think anything of it until now in the middle of week 4, the yellowing has stated to creep up to the middle. Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this?

hi lexort, thank you so much for replying. here's a pic but i am struggling with the upload photo feature on the smartphone. she is in week 4 of flowering, week 10 from seed. Not sure what strain but she is an auto-flower.

Did you give it bloom nutes too soon? I know your supposed to give veg nutes for the first couple weeks of flower otherwise the plant will yellow earlier than it normally would. Also what is your ph?

thanks lexort420, i did review the photo gallery guide and am still struggling hahaha. wow! you are right, i did switch nutes on the 3rd week of flowering 15-30-15 at 1/4 strength and then this week, i fed her 10-15-35 also at 1/4 strength. the pH of my soil is 5.5, is this what you are asking?

inverted2.JPG

it's a mix of a soil less medium (ramgo), perlite, coco peat, crushed egg shells, store bought premium organic compost, and earthworm culture. just watered and wasn't able to check pH of run off. Will do it on the next watering about 2-3 days from now. which btw was supposed to be her feeding time, do you think i should hold off with the nutes this week?

If it was me personally i would water this next time with just straight water just in case there is a ph problem that is just me im a cautious fellow tho lol

I however think it's most likely that you switched to bloom nutes a little soon. Is it just the fan leaves yellowing or is it the little leaves at the bud sites?

i am cautious myself haha. so i think i will use distilled water (pH 6.5~7.0) and check the pH of the run off on the next watering. what pH should i be looking for the run off? i have a feeling the pH of my medium has been dropping. not 100% sure but the last time i checked with the soil pH tester prior to today, it was over 6.0. anyway, thanks and please let me know if you think of anything else or if you know anyone who can share their thoughts...

Ya check your runoff for sure. Might be nute lock. Soil less mediums play by hydro rules so best ph range would be 5.8 to 6.2. So ya next time you water collect the runoff and test it.

If she has 10 weeks yellowing of the leafs could just be natural. I could be wrong but most autos are finished in 12-13 weeks so a yellow leaf or 2 doesn't necessarily mean a problem.

Thanks for the reply! I hope you're right. This is my first grow where I reached the flowering stage and would really like success at the end of this attempt. Today didn't look promising as 8-12 big fan leaves fell off by themselves at some point last night. Hope this is normal. I'm on my smartphone so am having a hard time posting pictures...will do it for sure later when I get back home...

You could feed her for 1 more week, a light feed just in case you got nutrient lock and flush her after that for 1-2 weeks depending on how much her buds fatten. But it is normal to loose leaves at this point. Leaves on autos tell you the maturity of the plant. The more decolorate on the leaves the more amber trichomes.

I was expecting a bit of yellowing but not like this. Again, as this is my first grow to reach flowering period, i may be over reacting. But 8-12 leaves yellowed and fell of overnight (last night). Below are pictures of how they look since yesterday...
image33593.jpg
image33592.jpg

Hi aperson, i appreciate your reply. my tentative harvest date is 10/15 so i did have one more feeding lined up. should i continue with a bloom feeding or should i lean towards a veg feeding to get her greener before i chop her? you are right about the correlation between yellow leaves and amber trichomes. i do see them changing hand in hand. i just didn't expect this many leaves to fall of overnight...

Back
Top Bottom