Please Help! germanation.5 days.Nothing

Red-Cricket

soaked seeds in water 24 hrs...paper towel 24 hrs...sprouted and planted in soil with twesers. There under (10) t-5 4' 6400 grow bulds...24 hrs. water very little with turket baster daily...its been 5 days nothing showing...Any suggestions would greatly be helpful. THANKS

Re: Please Help! germanation.5 days...Nothing

How many seeds? Alot of flos, how r temps? Maybe gave 4 - 6 hours dark, just a thought? :yummy:

got 10 seeds...65-80 deg. good humidity,,,like i said much light,,24 hrs. should i use suran-wrap to cover for a humidity dome? TY

All 10 seeds...? Were they cracked when put in soil? Or you soaked...dig 1 up check?? there not to deep 1/2 - 1/4 soil cover right? just a thought.

How deep did you put them into the soil? they should only be planted just enough to cover the top of the seed with spout facing down. Water them only after placing in soil, then I wait to see starter leaves.

dud george cervantes says it can tak up to 10 days my last time i germed it took 5 days to crack and another 2 to pop up just keep doing what your doing try a warmer darker spot

if they werent showing roots b4 u planted em they could take up to 10-14 days to show up, b patiant and let em show b4 u plant next time.

Yes ALL 10 had a sprout when i transplanted to soil. I was told 1/4-1/2" deep. How about lighting?? Should they be in a dark place? TY ALL

Yes ALL 10 had a sprout when i transplanted to soil. I was told 1/4-1/2" deep. How about lighting?? Should they be in a dark place?....humidity dome? TY ALL

Just had 3 seeds crack and i set them in Tomato cubes .So no more water just sit and wait until they leaf up ?

Maybe it's the ozone, or perhaps the mood of the country, but I had trouble getting seeds (bag) to germinate using my trusty old method of wet paper towels. I only had a spattering of seeds that cracked, most appeared to be sterile. Of those that did open, only four produced plants after planting.

Bilbus, keep the soil moist, not saturated, make sure the water can drain from each cup.

Yes ALL 10 had a sprout when i transplanted to soil. I was told 1/4-1/2" deep. How about lighting?? Should they be in a dark place?....humidity dome? TY ALL

Hello there i think your problem is because you've planted them to deep 1/4" is definitely touching on the deep side. hopefully your seeds will have enough energy to eventually push there way out but plant them deep enough and they wont break out at all. I use root riot cubes and plant my seeds so that they are only covered by about 2-3mm of medium and Ive had 100% success with 40 seeds so far. It is ok to gently pull away some of the growing medium above the seed with tweezers do it bit by bit so you can see whats going on with out disrupting the seed using this method you can reduce the amount of medium the seed has to push through to say hello to the world.

Hope this is of help.

Back
Top Bottom