Problems Germinating My Seed Help

Gregmeister

Im having difficulties germinating my seeds I have more than 50 seeds given by a friend mix with indica and sativa and hybrid he had that seed almost a year. Tried every possible germinating procedure like paper towel (no luck almost 2 weeks) transferred them at soil,water soaking (18-24 hrs) or more until it cracks. 24 hrs soak in and transfer to soil. not to mention i used seaweed extract. I had 5 seeds crack transfer them to soil almost 5 days now since i transferred them. room temp is good around 20-25c humidity around 55-60.

What kind of soil are you planting them in?

Potting soil mix
DSC_013228.jpg

Hmm. Could be a number of things. Lets assume your seeds are healthy and viable. Soil temp might be too high or too low. The potting soil could be very potent (although I doubt it, since it says it's good for repotting). I would start with a standard germination test. Put five or ten seeds in a wet paper towel, fold it up, put it on a plate, and keep it moist and 70-80f for 5-6 days. Open the paper towel and see if any have germinated. Plant that ones that have roots.

I had issues germinating seeds with a paper towel. I tried a few times. I switch rapid rooters popped on my first try

I had issues germinating seeds with a paper towel. I tried a few times. I switch rapid rooters popped on my first try

The rapid rooters are pretty solid. Are you taking the seeds out of the plug and transferring them to soil? Those things are designed to start a seedling and then plant the plug directly into the soil once the plant has it's first set of true leaves. If you're taking the seeds out of the plug once they germinate and planting them into soil, that could be where your problem is.

There's really no need for the seaweed extract until the plants have green leaves on them.

Try soaking in distilled water until they Crack open and then put them in paper towel inside a baggie for a couple of days I usually put mine on top of my t5 to keep them warm I do this for my veggies too works great

The rapid rooters are pretty solid. Are you taking the seeds out of the plug and transferring them to soil? Those things are designed to start a seedling and then plant the plug directly into the soil once the plant has it's first set of true leaves. If you're taking the seeds out of the plug once they germinate and planting them into soil, that could be where your problem is.

There's really no need for the seaweed extract until the plants have green leaves on them.

No I was having trouble germinating in paper towels. Once I tried the rapid rooter, it worked first time. I just put the rapid rooter straight into the hydroton. This is my first grow and did a dwc system. For my next grow I will be using soil. I plan on leaving the rapid rooter when I plant in soil. From what I understand they are biodegradable and is why I used them over rock wool.

tried the paper towel method no luck at all. i even tried 3 types of water distilled,tap,seaweed extract...btw im using water ph checker range are around to 6.5-6.8. tried to crack one seed its not empty at all or rotted/

Sounds like you have some tough seeds there! Try scarifying them..lightly rough up the surface of the seeds with some 400 grit sand paper or edge of a matchbook,there are a few other ways as well, then germinate with your paper towel, soil, seaweed what have you,good luck :)

Easy way to rough them up is to put the piece of sand paper in a pill bottle so it lines the outside, put seeds in, closed the lid and shake.

I've always had problems with to much moisture, seeds need water and air I found to best results.

Have you tried to dip a paper towel in 5.8 ph water, then squeeze the water out so the paper towel is damp, not soaked.

Then put seed in, fold up.

Next place the paper towel in a zip lock baggy.

Next place that inside a paper sack, then place inside warm area. Let sit for two or three days, then check it.

Tons of great advice here so, you won't be steered wrong. If you've tried everything and still can't get it. Try putting the seed in soil and keeping it moist for 3 days. She should pop up after the 3rd day.

Temps need to be above 20C or above 70F for a successful germination. Hardest part is leaving them be for that long. No touchy touchy and as soon as the soil drys at the top give her more water with a spray bottle to ensure you don't displace the seed.

Best of luck to you my friend!!

Back
Top Bottom