Please help it's about to die!

jezz85

Come home after 2 weeks to this.

420-magazine-mobile736773872.jpg

420-magazine-mobile620127499.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1476470425.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1006203993.jpg

It spent 6 weeks in the veg stage and it was looking really good with no signs of problems. it's been in the flower stage for the last 4 weeks. I work away 2 weeks at a time so the problems only started 2 weeks ago.

About the setup
It's grown in perlite using an autopot set up using the standard nutrients that came with it.
Growing under cfl.
Temp is about 27 deg c with lights on and 20 deg c with lights off.
The lights are about 100mm from the plant.
Ph is around 6.5 - 7

There is no sign of mould around the bottom either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Jezz

The damage is mostly at the top. Growth at the bottom looks healthy. I would have to say heat/light issue. Not sure how far 100mm is but if it got dried out a little, got too hot a couple of the days you were gone, that could do it. Make sure it has good water (not too much or too little) and keep an eye on your temps. Might want to spritz the dry areas with some water or other foliar spray; pick off the dead leaves a little each day so you can see if any more are burning up or if the issue has been resolved. I will never be an expert but this is what I would do and no one else gave you an answer. BTW, the size of that plant is impressive, hopefully she'll recover just fine. Don't do too much, keep an eye on that healthy growth at the bottom, if that starts going to shit then there is something else wrong.

The damage is mostly at the top. Growth at the bottom looks healthy. I would have to say heat/light issue. Not sure how far 100mm is but if it got dried out a little, got too hot a couple of the days you were gone, that could do it. Make sure it has good water (not too much or too little) and keep an eye on your temps. Might want to spritz the dry areas with some water or other foliar spray; pick off the dead leaves a little each day so you can see if any more are burning up or if the issue has been resolved. I will never be an expert but this is what I would do and no one else gave you an answer. BTW, the size of that plant is impressive, hopefully she'll recover just fine. Don't do too much, keep an eye on that healthy growth at the bottom, if that starts going to shit then there is something else wrong.

Cheers mj, I was thinking it might be light burn so I took a couple of cfl's out. Can only hope it comes back. 100mm is around 4 inch.

Well this is after 5 days.

First I gave the perlite a full flush with water, and no watering for 4 days, trying to get some fresh air around the roots.
Trimmed of as much dead leaves as I could.
Removed 3 out of the 6 cfl's.
And filled the holding tank with water and 1/3 recommended nutrients.

Let's hope it gets a bit more life back, i'm all out of ideas.

Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers.

420-magazine-mobile1668262944.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1909790378.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2092878171.jpg

420-magazine-mobile269280532.jpg

420-magazine-mobile649554741.jpg

Just a quick question on the header tank. have you got a air stone in it. and are you watering at least once at night. Not watering perlite for 4 days is not good. your not aerating the roots

Hi crow,

I'm using an auto pot system, so the idea behind it is that the pot sits in a tray of water and the perlite wicks up the water and the roots drink from the perlite as it needs and the header tank is there to fill the tray using a 'smart valve' so the tray doesn't fill up until the plant has emptied the tray.

There was still plenty of moisture left in the perlite when I turned the water back on.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong or could do better. It was going great until I turned it to 12/12 and small flowers started to show.

Cheers,

Plants look great man you already got some great input don't know what else to tell ya but I do have that on 2 of my flowering girls and I'm outdoor I feel like it just might be a little too much light I still haven't finished my green house . . . Budget cuts . . . . But I plan on finishing up this weekend and get my flowers in there it's not as bad as yours but same deal

Back
Top Bottom