Please help me: Nitrogen toxicity dark green leaves on bloom week 5

I forgot to give you the link to the developer's website for HydroBuddy. It's probably mentioned in one of our threads, but just in case it's not easy to find:

I'm told it's a lot easier to use/understand than it may, at first, appear.
Yes, I searched and didn't see the topic on the forum
ok thank you i will try to learn about it
and try to find a topic about it on the forum.

I don't remember exactly who it was that I noticed was helping folks. Might have been @Weaselcracker . If not, maybe he knows who I'm thinking of, and can "page" them for you.

Lolwat? If I've mixed up a solution that has 832 parts per million of dissolved solids in it, this does not mean I've added 832ml of my various nutrient components to arrive at that level.

Are mg/L and ppm measurements equal?At first glance, they appear to betwo very different forms of measurement, but that’s not the case. Theyare both ratios, and to see how they align with each other, it’s easiest to start with ppm, or parts per million.As an example,let’s say you’retrying to determine the salinity of seawater, and you get a reading of35,000ppm;that simply means that for every million partsof water, there are 35,000parts of salt.What are parts? Parts can be any measure. Pints, gallons, or a drop of water(grape juice, antifreeze,etc). The size of the sample is irrelevant. It’s the RATIO of the tested parts (salt) to the total number of parts (seawater) that’s important.It’s pretty easy to grasp ppm, but how about mg/L? Aliter of water (which is a metric measure of volume, or capacity) weighs 1 kilogram. That’s 1,000 grams. Now think about a milligram. Itis 1/1000thof a gram, making it1/1,000,000thof a kilogram. Put another way, a liter of water weighs 1,000,000 milligrams. One million milligrams...see where this is going?Forour purposes, 35,000milligrams/Liter is the same measurement as 35,000parts per million.*Both measurements tell us how many parts (milligrams) are present in every million parts (Liter).

A mg of water does not equal a ml. A ml is 1/1000 of a liter(1000 grams), and a mg is 1/1000 of a gram. So if you have 832ppm, you have added 832 microliters of TDS. Or 1mg=1 microliter of pure H2O

I realize we are mixing solid and liquid units here.

Back
Top Bottom