Please help

Camden

Hey guys so I've been growing these 2 gorilla glues since mid January. They are in veg
Light cycle - 18/6
Temp - 75degrees farenheit
Light - 600w HLG LED at half strength (about 2.5 feet from tips of growth)
Tent - 4x4x8
Nutes - Larger plant - 1.1EC canna A+B +0.3 EC cal/mag+ rhizo + zym total of 1.4 EC
Nutes - smaller plant - 0.9 EC Canna A+B +0.3 EC cal/mag + rhizo + zym total of 1.2EC
Always PH'd to 5.8
Medium - 50/50 coco/perlite in 7 gallon fabric pots

I am getting brown spots on the outside of lower/older leaves and also some yellowing at the edges and tips of new growth + some reddish tinged tips

20210518_094128.jpg

20210518_094134.jpg

20210518_094142.jpg

20210518_094209.jpg

Larger one (back right ) smaller one (front left)

The smaller one isn't showing the yellowing tips really but does have brown spots on older leaves as well

20210515_151835.jpg

Hey man.
How often do you feed them?
What is the ec of your water source and what is the source?
Do you use cal MAG at all?
@The Dirty hey man I feed them once a day, 2 hours after light on

I am using distilled water. So 0 EC starting water. Yes I use cal/mag I gave a break down of nutes I'm using above along with EC values

Sorry I missed calmag listed above.
Personally I'd flush them both with a diluted mix you'd normally use.

Whenever I have issues like this I will make up 2x pot volume 1/4 strength and pump them with it. After that I'll wait an hour and give them a normal feed.
I'm no expert but I find this works for me in this setup, I've stopped trying to work out exactly what's up as my flush seems to reset it all.
Apart from the rust the plants seem to be healthy.
Good luck man.

Hey @aussiebuddy, I get a good amount of runoff, about 20%.... typically the runoff on the more troubled plant comes out really low! I'm putting in 1.4 EC and the runoff is only 0.2 EC! The other plant which looks very healthy atm is getting 1.2 EC with a runoff around 0.5 EC... I tried to increase nutrients but that caused burn so I'm trying to feed twice a day now instead of just once. Any ideas why this is happening ? And is feeding them more often going to help?

Sounds like your doing all the right things.Im no grow master but if those was my ladies i would up the calmag
0.5 per L and feeding twice aday would be ideal if you have the time. :cool:

Thanks man they are actually getting almost that exact amount lol 10ml per 19L mix. But I have noticed improvement with feeding twice a day, they are in flower now and new growth is not showing the yellowing.

New on this site... Just saw your posting. Looks like your falling short on magnesium. Especially with the distilled water. Been growing in coco over 15yrs and grow mostly hempy. I use Maxbloom in RO and still need to add 1t./gal to keep them happy. GG is a bit of a pig for it as well.

Since you're in flower now you might raise your pH up around 6 and see how they respond. Should see good color pretty fast if they show deficient again.

Cal mag for me. As I don’t have the time I always grow in bigger pots than I need. So I can feed just the once. Not ideal at all as I have been told many times but with work that’s All the time I have. Regular feeds twice a day with a bit more cal will and has made your ladies free special I feel

Cal mag for me. As I don’t have the time I always grow in bigger pots than I need. So I can feed just the once. Not ideal at all as I have been told many times but with work that’s All the time I have. Regular feeds twice a day with a bit more cal will and has made your ladies free special I feel
You should try Hempy...

I can't use my tap water, it's typically around 0.6 EC and is from a well, I tried using it and all hell broke loose lol so I am just sticking to the distilled for now to limit variables. Once I have a better understanding of the plants n exactly what they need I may try the tap water again. Thanks for all your help though the plants seem to be much happier, I think maybe 2 feeds instead of one is the main reason but I also bumped up cal/mag a bit and noticed improvement in their colour already! Hopefully you guys solved the problems :)

Back
Top Bottom